• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And another one missed... at least this wasn't a sitter like the previous 3.

:laugh: But it didn't matter at all... out next ball! :laugh:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
It'll always hugely disappoint me because I know the only reason we lost it was our bowlers' inability to knock-over a few tailenders that good bowlers would dispose of in their sleep.
Yeah, true. And that one innings batting disaster that's cost us hugely. Oh, and our selection inconsistencies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, true. And that one innings batting disaster that's cost us hugely. Oh, and our selection inconsistencies.
Selection inconsistencies have plagued us for 2-and-a-half years now. And those sorts of batting disasters have always lurked around the corner and are unavoidable from time to time. In any case, even with a poor rather than diabolical total we'd have lost that Test.

The inability to knock-over a tail, though, always grates with me. And more than ever when it costs a match as obviously and irrefutably as that.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Selection inconsistencies have plagued us for 2-and-a-half years now. And those sorts of batting disasters have always lurked around the corner and are unavoidable from time to time. In any case, even with a poor rather than diabolical total we'd have lost that Test.

The inability to knock-over a tail, though, always grates with me. And more than ever when it costs a match as obviously and irrefutably as that.
Yeah, pretty annoying. Though again, those things do just happen from time to time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah, pretty annoying. Though again, those things do just happen from time to time.
They do. I guess bowlers dismissing batsmen (and non-batsmen) is something I expect, whereas batsmen making runs isn't... as such, I get far more annoyed by tailenders not being knocked-over than by the odd batting implosion.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
They do. I guess bowlers dismissing batsmen (and non-batsmen) is something I expect, whereas batsmen making runs isn't... as such, I get far more annoyed by tailenders not being knocked-over than by the odd batting implosion.
Yeah, I guess it's all over a bit quicker when there's a batting implosion.

I think part of the reason I'm not too bothered is because I'm just a bit bored of this series now, it's just not my idea of fun to watch tests that are like this. I can't wait for the limited overs stuff to start.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Another one down. I guess, sadly, you have to kinda expect that when you stand as close as Collingwood is here.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hmm, same here. When there's a batting implosion there's invariably some quality bowling to enjoy, even if you're on the receiving end. Failing to knock over Edwards and Powell can't be put down to quality on their behalf..

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
And yet another goes begging. Anderson must be wondering what the hell he's done wrong in a previous life.

sammy2

Banned
And yet another goes begging. Anderson must be wondering what the hell he's done wrong in a previous life.
Did he really bowl a good ball ? Jeez.. Chanderpaul was only using the pace there to get some runs. He didn't deserve a wicket with that ball.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Did he really bowl a good ball ? Jeez.. Chanderpaul was only using the pace there to get some runs. He didn't deserve a wicket with that ball.
Can't say he didn't deserve wickets with some of the other balls he has bowled though.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I suspect Chanders didn't deliberately place it in & out of Colly's hands. :dry:

Plus what roseboy said.