• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is anyone else fascinated with the 'battle' going on between Swann and Monty, each working hard to keep their place and bowling out of their respective shoes in the process, especially Monty who has improved massively since the last time we saw him.
I've been quite disappointed. In Kensington the bowlers had no hope, in Antigua they should have wrapped it up but nevertheless bowled very well to get to within a wicket of victory on a slow, slow pitch. Here they have noone to blame but themselves, there's more than enough in it for the spinners to take wickets and they haven't managed it. They've been unlucky at times, yes, but they've also struggled to control their length and let the pressure off batsmen.

Ryan Hinds showed how it's done on the second morning when he beat KP's bat with a big turner then bowled him through the gate next ball. When Monty bowls a good one he invariably follows it up with a short ball that gets worked for an easy single.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Including the LBW and the catch, Monty should have had four wickets so I don't think we can fault him too much.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Including the LBW and the catch, Monty should have had four wickets so I don't think we can fault him too much.
Swann also dismissed Ryan Hinds not once but twice, though clearly only the latter goes on the 'sheet.

As a bowler, you can only do as well as your fielders and the Umpires allow you.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ramdin goooonnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeee on the stroke of Tea which is just reward for Anderson but you can't help feel England's chances of victory are now precisely zero.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Terrific. And not the first-'un this series either.

Sadly for him, he's been rewarded with an average of (to date) 51.16.

pskov

International 12th Man
He's bowled decently throughout this series, really, and his figures are pretty roundly awful.
Edwards, Anderson and Broad have all bowled pretty well this series. If we were on more sporting pitches they'd all be averaging under 30 I reckon.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
you saw the fuking ball touch the bat ? :ph34r:
if I get ban, eng will still get beaten by WI and thats the only thing I care about.

You're a liar if you can't admit that the ball clearly missed the bat.
Can you stop being a total troll please? :)

I'm not watching atm (not much point), but I think the whole byes thing is overdone, the amount of byes I've seen in this series and the SA-Aus series that are about a mile down the legside, that the keeper is NEVER going to get to is just stupid.

Uppercut

Can you stop being a total troll please? :)

I'm not watching atm (not much point), but I think the whole byes thing is overdone, the amount of byes I've seen in this series and the SA-Aus series that are about a mile down the legside, that the keeper is NEVER going to get to is just stupid.
Pretty much. Most of them were Amjad Pies.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
He's bowled decently throughout this series, really, and his figures are pretty roundly awful.
I know we're going to have lost the series, but I think I'm not so depressed about it as I should be. I think Anderson and Broad have been pretty decent, Swann has been good, and Monty seems to have rediscovered a bit of bounce. Also our batsmen have all (except Shah) contributed well.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I said a couple of times earlier this thread that Prior hasn't had a chance with a good few of the deliveries that have gone for byes, but he's still made errors which have caused others.

Uppercut

I said a couple of times earlier this thread that Prior hasn't had a chance with a good few of the deliveries that have gone for byes, but he's still made errors which have caused others.
He scored 131* in this match though. Certainly enough to make up for any bye issues.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I know we're going to have lost the series, but I think I'm not so depressed about it as I should be. I think Anderson and Broad have been pretty decent, Swann has been good, and Monty seems to have rediscovered a bit of bounce. Also our batsmen have all (except Shah) contributed well.
It'll always hugely disappoint me because I know the only reason we lost it was our bowlers' inability to knock-over a few tailenders that good bowlers would dispose of in their sleep.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He scored 131* in this match though. Certainly enough to make up for any bye issues.
For byes? And how.

For that Chanderpaul drop? No amount of run-scoring can make-up for that.

Though it is perfectly possible that even if Chanderpaul had gone early this morn, we'd still be in no position to win the match.

That one taken and Strauss having taken the one off Nash earlier though? 'Course we could've, and very much so.