• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Flem274*

123/5
Yeap sure, that team would help our poor bowling. We need some different.
Two games doesn't make the bowling poor.

Mills: world class

O'Brien: Very promising

Butler: Very promising

Vettori: world class

Oram: solid, economical

Boult or McClennaghan will only increase the issues.

Howsie

International Captain
I love Boult, but this will be his debut, and the Indian batting lineup will murder him on flat pitches, like they did to Southee.
Fair enough point guys, but New Zealand needs to try and win these last two games and none of our bowlers look good enough to stop the Indians.

I've just been listening to Radio Sport and the guy that does the morning show was saying McClenaghan would be his next option as he is capable of bowling 145+ and yes I know pace isn't everything but he is also a Left-Armer so he would provide us with something different.

Flem274*

123/5
Fair enough point guys, but New Zealand needs to try and win these last two games and none of our bowlers look good enough to stop the Indians.

I've just been listening to Radio Sport and the guy that does the morning show was saying McClenaghan would be his next option as he is capable of bowling 145+ and yes I know pace isn't everything but he is also a Left-Armer so he would provide us with something different.
Please don't be Darcy, I thought he was the only decent one....

I know I'll get castigated for this but it needs to be repeated: As of this point in time, McClennaghan has had very few good games and a lot of absolute ****. CD are extremely lucky Thompson is on fire otherwise we wouldn't be on top of the State championship with the **** we've been bowling. McClennaghan, for all his pace, is the Ian Butler (2004) or the 2009 State Domestic Comp.

Done.

Nutter

U19 Debutant
I think having Vettori back will be a huge plus for us. I think we've got the bowlers already there, they just need to keep bowling in the right areas. Full tosses, half volleys and leg stump deliveries are not the right areas.

GGG

State Captain
Yeap sure, that team would help our poor bowling. We need something different.
I would personally prefer to give Styris the ball than Southee, Boult or Mcclenaghan on a flat track, the only other bowling option I would go with is having two spinners.

Flem274*

123/5
If Mills, O'Brien, Oram, Vettori and Butler bowl to their best, we won't be chasing 300. At most 250, which is no disrespect to the Indian batsmen btw, they're ****ing awesome, I just can't see them carting that lot if they played at their peak like they have been doing.

Flem274*

123/5
I'd introduce Boult in a test first tbh, he can have some protection plus the pitch will help him more.

I wouldn't play him vs India though.

Howsie

International Captain
I'd introduce Boult in a test first tbh, he can have some protection plus the pitch will help him more.

I wouldn't play him vs India though.
How do you think McClenaghan would go in a test match, would that be his better form of the game.

Flem274*

123/5
How do you think McClenaghan would go in a test match, would that be his better form of the game.
Right now, I still think he'd be ineffective (I have to tread carefuly with what I say here, people are getting annoyed with me being annoyed with him, if that makes any sense). His problem is a total lack of accuracy plus from what I've seen, minmal movement. JimmyGS has seen him swing the ball in the nets and I believe what Jimmy says, so I won't say McClennaghan is incapable, but it makes him quite odd.

He wouldn't go at 6 an over but he'd probably pick up something like 2/100. He reminds me of Harmison actualy, relies on bounce and pace, plus he has a head drop when bowling that reminds me of James Anderson, so logically he sounds very much like a rythym bowler and if its not there, uh oh.

He's very raw atm, needs a lot more FC cricket and good coaching. Dermot Reeve has a good brain on him so if he can teach him variations plus some accuracy, he'll improve. As of now, he shouldn't be near the team, I'd even have Diamanti bowling before him.

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
Please don't be Darcy, I thought he was the only decent one....

I know I'll get castigated for this but it needs to be repeated: As of this point in time, McClennaghan has had very few good games and a lot of absolute ****. CD are extremely lucky Thompson is on fire otherwise we wouldn't be on top of the State championship with the **** we've been bowling. McClennaghan, for all his pace, is the Ian Butler (2004) or the 2009 State Domestic Comp.

Done.
For once i agree. McClennaghan and Boult should be nowhere near this series.

I have faith that one day they will be given their chance, but both need to perform and work on their variations in the domestic comp before getting a shot against a team that isn't India, South Africa or Australia on a belter.

There is NOT one bowler in the country at the moment that could come into this lineup and make a major difference. The group of bowlers we have there at the moment are the best equiped to do bring about a change of fortunes, and they need to move into damage control mode for the remainder of the series to give our batting lineup a shot. It would only require us shaving 40 or 50 runs of last nights total, which shouldnt be a difficult task considering the amount of rubbish we served the indians up on a platter.

It would be too tough a task to ask someone to come into the series with the Indians in the mood they are currently in.

GGG

State Captain
There is NOT one bowler in the country at the moment that could come into this lineup and make a major difference.....
And thats why I would bring in Styris as I don't believe he would bowl any worse that Southee on these wickets and we need some experience in the middle order.

Flem274*

123/5
Wagner, Boult, Thompson, Franklin wouldn't make much of a difference I agree, three would be on debut and one is still on the long road back from injury, plus Jimmy sucks at ODIs.

Chris Martin is a possibility, but he'd have Southees figures I'd bet.

NZ4life!

Cricket Spectator
Why not keep Patel in the side? Vettori knows how to use him better than McCullum ever will.

Vettori
Mills
Southee
O'Brien
Patel

With Ryder and Elliot comng in as cover if needed.
Couldn't agree more. Thats the bowling line up I hope to see next match. Vettori's a spin genius, he works so well with Patel.

NZ4life!

Cricket Spectator
I would personally prefer to give Styris the ball than Southee, Boult or Mcclenaghan on a flat track, the only other bowling option I would go with is having two spinners.
Styris may be more experienced, but I reckon Southee and co are the future of the NZ pace attack. As long as Vettori's back, and Mills find's his mojo, the indians will have a lot tougher job than last night...