• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

masterblaster

International Captain
Munaf is dreadful.

Bring back Sreesanth please.
He would've been belted today and would've broken down mentally as well. He's too much of an over the top character and isn't disciplined enough to be in this Indian side. I rather would've had Balaji if he was in the ODI side or Irfan playing to be honest.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Its not an overreaction when you're criticising a guy who doesn't give it his all, is lazy, undisciplined and is **** quite often.

People have had a crack at other players' discipline and laziness in the past (Yuvraj, Sehwag etc.) but at least they performed.

His attitude is pathetic. Say what you like about Irfan (and I say a lot!), he gives it his all and will do what his captain wants. He'll bowl with the new or old ball, bat at 8 or 3 or open in tests, he'll field wherever. Unfortunately he doesn't have the talent, but the desire is there.

Munaf is hardly in the same boat, and deserves to cop a spray.
Yeah, I'm a fan of Munaf to an extent; I've had highish hopes for him for a while. However, I haven't bothered defending him today because he really does deserve all the crap he's copped in this thread (other than some of the slightly over-the-top calls such as "he's the worst bowler in the world" etc, but I still agreed with the general sentiment being expressed).

I still think he can come back a better bowler in time but he certainly shouldn't play any more games on this tour for mine; he needs a wakeup call.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I can't speak for everyone here, but I believe most of the people who were angry at India (and particularly Munaf) in this thread were aiming their frustration at a lack of intent, effort and desire rather than ability.

Yuvraj and Raina ARE good fielders, Munaf DOES have bowling talent... but they weren't putting in the effort required.

Doing your best is all you can ask, and if you're not good enough, you shouldn't be selected... but you shouldn't be insulted either. However laziness is unacceptable, and whilst Yuvi and Raina's sloppy fielding at times were very poor, they batted well, and returned to field well later (both had run outs). They're well-rounded players, so a word in the ear about fielding well from ball 1, and that's fixed.

Munaf however, adds nothing else other than his bowling. So when he's not doing that right, and when it looks like he's not trying to, his head should roll.

---

To change topic a little, any word on Sachin's injury?

ret

International Debutant
another fantastic win by the Indians .... good to see Tendulkar get his first 100 in NZ. Who knows that if he hadn't retired, he could have got the first double

i haven't seen the game live but it appear as if Ind had the game in control for most parts, especially considering that it won by 50+ runs margin. there will usually be periods in a game where the opposition appears to be gaining ground but most often than not, we will find that such fight/recovery is not sustainable

read that Munaf dished out crap but in the end we won by 50 runs, which is what matters in the end. you never know that in the next game, he could pick up 3 crucial wkts .... agree with the statement that he has the talent but needs to put more effort

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Vettori's absence had made things worse for NZ... had he been there.... NZ would be chasing 340-350 something thereabouts... and would have been completely different chase..

Vettori's presence does a lot for NZ than what Tendulkar's presence for India ATM

GGG

State Captain
missed our entire innings, gezzz what a collapse, good bowling or some brain explosions? Scott Syris for the next game, replacing Southee for mine.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
as much as i love seeing tendulkar scoring big and india winning, this was not a really good advert for quality cricket...

Nutter

U19 Debutant
missed our entire innings, gezzz what a collapse, good bowling or some brain explosions?
Terrible runouts. Not even poorly judged tight singles or anything, just a couple of WTF?!?!?!! runouts that lost us the game.

Howsie

International Captain
Changes I would make for the next game:

Ian Butler out because of injury, I would bring in Trent Boult if fit or Mitchell McClenaghan. If Butler can play I would drop Tim Southee.

If McCullum is fit I would drop McGlashan and bring in Neil Broom. Also I would like to see O'Brien back and I'm guessing Vettori will be back.

1.Jesse Ryder
2.Brendon McCullum
3.Martin Guptill
4.Ross Taylor
5.Neil Broom
6.Jacob Oram
7.Grant Elliot
8.Kyle Mills
9.Daniel Vettori
10.Mitchell McClenaghan
11.Iain O'Brien

Nutter

U19 Debutant
If Butler's out I'd probably retain Southee rather than bring someone new in to get smashed around. Mills came back well at the death - maybe he'll find his touch again in the next game.

Flem274*

123/5
changes i would make for the next game:

Ian butler out because of injury, i would bring in trent boult if fit or mitchell mcclenaghan. If butler can play i would drop tim southee.

If mccullum is fit i would drop mcglashan and bring in neil broom. Also i would like to see o'brien back and i'm guessing vettori will be back.

1.jesse ryder
2.brendon mccullum
3.martin guptill
4.ross taylor
5.neil broom
6.jacob oram
7.grant elliot
8.kyle mills
9.daniel vettori
10.mitchell mcclenaghan
11.iain o'brien
400+.

GGG

State Captain
1. Ryder
2. McCullum
3. Guptill
4. Taylor
5. Styris
6. Broom
7. Oram
8. Elliot
9. Vettori
10. Mills
11. O'Brien / Butler if fit

99*

International Debutant
Why not keep Patel in the side? Vettori knows how to use him better than McCullum ever will.

Vettori
Mills
Southee
O'Brien
Patel

With Ryder and Elliot comng in as cover if needed.

Howsie

International Captain
1. Ryder
2. McCullum
3. Guptill
4. Taylor
5. Styris
6. Broom
7. Oram
8. Elliot
9. Vettori
10. Mills
11. O'Brien / Butler if fit
Yeap sure, that team would help our poor bowling. We need something different.

Last edited: