• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Dare I say, if you believe that you'll believe anything.
I can't think why Strauss would've said that if it wasn't the case TBH. Much as it may appear to have changed (maybe down to MSP losing confidence, for example) I can't see how it wasn't the case in 2006.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
All in all I think it's fair to say Broad has come in leaps and bounds with the ball in this series, figures might not be anything out of the ordinary but there has been such improvement. Against the Saffies last summer, when he had the ball i would be thinking "no wicket this over" but not anymore
There's no doubt about that, and his figures in the opening couple of Tests were good if not brilliant. However, as I've said, there's still plenty to be done should "being a Test-class bowler" be the aim.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'd be disappointed if the aim was merely to be a Test-class bowler, I'd hope he was aiming much higher than that

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Who the f***'s Amraj Khan? =/
Cozier back on commentary, I assume:laugh:

Khan may be just who England need here, he is unpredictable and justifies the high economy rate and low strike rate in domestic cricket by being truly unpredictable, bowling the odd corker and the odd loose ball and England need someone who can force wickets. However, I truly doubt Amjad's ability to have a long Test career. That being said, my predictions about players are often either dead right or dead wrong, so perhaps some hope there...

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Khan bowls a lot of crap, but he comes out with some ****ing incredible deliveries.
yeah, I think he's bowling as expected - going for runs but looking devastating at times. I guess the thinking was that they needed 20 wickets and backed the batsmen to score enough runs for economy to not be a concern - unsure if it will pay off as of yet, but it's not a selection I'll be criticising based on the bits of play I've seen today

ozone

First Class Debutant
****e decision from Tiffen again. Serves us right for wasting our referrals, that one would have been overturned I reckon.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Umpiring has been hideous this series. The play hasn't been much better.

Roll on the T20s. At least they won't have five days of playing for the draw.