• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
How good a bat is McGlashan?
He's scored a lot of runs domestically in the last couple of seasons but those in the know who have seen him bat a bit (HeathDavisSpeed) reckon he's a bit of a hack.

He definitely has the ability to score quickly if he stays out there, though.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, fair call. Looking at the replays, it wasn't quite as bad as my first impression live.

My main problem is that Gary Baxter is overly keen to not be seen as NZ biased. If you watch him closely, for every moderately close appeal he goes for the visiting team. Watching that one live I thought it was going down leg, and yet I knew it would be given.
Knows who butters his bread tbh, don't want to get on the BCCI's bad side :ph34r:

duffer

Game over.
But enough of this bull**** that India is far superior to NZ. NZ showed today that they can more than foot it with the big boys on such a pitch, just missing some experience under pressure.
Of course 400 is always tough, but I'm sick of all these Indian fanboys thinking that all India have to do is turn up.

These teams are a lot closer.
Batting IND > NZL
Bowling NZL > IND
Although NZL bowling has been pretty ****house this series.

Oram could still make things interesting though, but the loss of wickets have put NZ all but out of the game.
Errrm, name em.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Game over.
But enough of this bull**** that India is far superior to NZ. NZ showed today that they can more than foot it with the big boys on such a pitch, just missing some experience under pressure.
Of course 400 is always tough, but I'm sick of all these Indian fanboys thinking that all India have to do is turn up.

These teams are a lot closer.
Batting IND > NZL
Bowling NZL > IND
Although NZL bowling has been pretty ****house this series.

Oram could still make things interesting though, but the loss of wickets have put NZ all but out of the game.
I agree with you in general, but no one is saying that India just need to turn up. **** do all of you Kiwis just go read Cricinfo and then break bricks with your head in anger? Get this ****in chip off your shoulder.

Also let's relax here, two players scored for NZ. And they're yet to win a ODI...

NZ still have a lot to do.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good slogger but untested at this level.
Yeah, pretty much.

I think he has the potential to be an occasionally valuable lower-order player in ODIs, but I don't think it's fair to expect a very meaningful contribution in what will be his first ODI innings.

HeathDavisSpeed

He definitely has the ability to score quickly if he stays out there, though.
I don't dispute this, to be honest. I'm not a big fan of his ability with bat or gloves(though his column has been refreshingly frank). However, this chase may well suit his inimitable style.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Arg how on earth do NZ manage these sorts of collapses?

Knew Ryder would give away his wicket just before or just after the century.

Craig

World Traveller
Up to 10 an over now. Miracle needed. Too bad as under any other circumstances, this would be a great start batting first in an ODI.

pasag

RTDAS
Really sucks Sachin couldn't get the double, would have been nice for the definitive modern one-day batsman to have that record.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
NZ gave seven bowlers 5 or more overs. In hindsight could just as easily have played Broom over Southee, still had enough bowlers (ok, Butler's injury would have wrecked things a little) and had a much stronger batting order.