• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was talking about McCullum as the pinch hitter.

To earlier comments made on this page...why on earth would Ryder get dropped for Watling when we already have a perfectly good opener in Guptill? You say Ryder opening makes no sense...well then that makes even less sense.

If the order was going to be reshuffled (which at this time I don't think is necessary) i'd like to see:

Guptill
McCullum
Broom
Taylor
Ryder
Elliott
Oram
Vettori
Butler
Mills
O'Brien
Oh dear, Broom at no. 3 now aye :laugh:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To earlier comments made on this page...why on earth would Ryder get dropped for Watling when we already have a perfectly good opener in Guptill? You say Ryder opening makes no sense...well then that makes even less sense.
Yeah, I wasn't advocating actually dropping Ryder; just moving him.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Inzy was a pretty good number 5 (and 4) for Pakistan...
He did the job, but it's not ideal. I wouldn't have him in my team simply because i don't think his scoring rate will cut it on a lot of pitches these days. Hey, it's only marginally better than Rahul "match-losing knock" Dravid's.

Days of Grace

International Captain
On Broom, he hasn't had many chances, but then again, he doesn't fill me with as much confidence as Styris would.

How strong would this batting lineup look:

McCullum
Ryder
Guptill
Taylor
Elliott
Styris
Oram

Styris is actually wasted at six, to be fair. So how about this order:

Ryder
Guptill
Taylor
Styris
Elliott
Oram
McCullum

That looks much more balanced. With McCullum opening (see order above), the selectors almost feel tempted to put in another bowler and have Oram at no.6. This shortens our batting, though.

GGG

State Captain
Whats wrong with Broom at 3? He's batted there for NZ A with success.
Yeah I would go along with that, almost every innings he has played he has had to go on slog and hence hasn't really had a chance to prove himself, he also seems like a good batsman to have in the middle overs as he seems good at working the ball around.

Lambu

U19 Debutant
Indian batting unit has looked in top form so far in this series. Kiwi bowlers don't seem to have an answer to Sehwag.They seem to rely on him making mistakes.

NZ4life!

Cricket Spectator
He was talking about McCullum as the pinch hitter.

If the order was going to be reshuffled (which at this time I don't think is necessary) i'd like to see:

Guptill
McCullum
Broom
Taylor
Ryder
Elliott
Oram
Vettori
Butler
Mills
O'Brien
Yeah, I reckon Broom at three's a good idea, it'd be great to see him with Taylor. with putting ryder/elliot at five and then oram, i reckon it'd be a real solid batting lineup.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jeez Sachin started to get into some good form yesterday.

Good signs.

Also good to see Dravid ton up playing in the NZ domestic comp.