• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: at Harmison having a long chat with Amjad. Thats just what the kid needs.
Yeah the guys in the studio were giving wraps to Harmison for giving him advice but i think he was saying "bowl short and wide mate, that's how to get your wickets...and cut your pace down 10mph as well"

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lucky Eddie's heart must've just skipped a beat as Mickey Holding namechecks Derbyshire legend Ole "Stan" Mortensen.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Someone keep me posted on the speed Khan hits.

Last 18 months selection policy has been shocking and I really cant be that bothered to watch at the moment.

However, Im interested in how he looks.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't stand Broad's "running down the pitch celebrating" style of appealing for LBWs. I thought they banned it after McGrath started doing it a few years ago?

ozone

First Class Debutant
That was a terrible referral, never looked out. Surely Prior has to know thats pitched outside the line?

ozone

First Class Debutant
he can't be sure from where he is, plus I think eng is too desperate here.
Third over FFS. If its going to take us 100+ overs to bowl a side out, we don't want to waste referrals, especially given the umpires out there and their effinity with ****e decisions.

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
"That swung - all the way to the boundary"

Oh dear Nasser. The crummiest cliche in the history of cricket commentary. You've clearly been spending too much time with Ian Botham

ozone

First Class Debutant
"That swung - all the way to the boundary"

Oh dear Nasser. The crummiest cliche in the history of cricket commentary. You've clearly been spending too much time with Ian Botham
Yea I was thinking that.

Also, is it just me, or has there been a lot of pictures of dancers in the crowd today. I mean, usually you get the odd shot, but only in the evenings or at drinks breaks and stuff. Today, they've practically been showing girls in the crowd every other over.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Someone keep me posted on the speed Khan hits.

Last 18 months selection policy has been shocking and I really cant be that bothered to watch at the moment.

However, Im interested in how he looks.
Its the first time I've really watched him bowl and taken note of him. Pretty indifferent start TBH.
First Over:
89.7 mph (big no ball, and he fell over)
86.3 mph (smaller no ball)
85.6 mph
86.5 mph
88.6 mph (another no ball)
85.2 mph
86.0 mph
85.2 mph
86.0 mph

First impression is that his action doesn't look right, no matter what Michael Holding says. A bit like James Kirtley perhaps?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks. I have not seen him for a while but there can be no way he is one of the top ten bowlers in England

Last edited:

zaremba

Cricketer Of The Year
First impression is that his action doesn't look right, no matter what Michael Holding says. A bit like James Kirtley perhaps?
Agreed that his action looks dodgy. I suspect it may actually be legit, but he rotates his arm during his delivery which gives the impression of straightening when viewed from behind.

Evermind

International Debutant
Doesn't look any good. Bring back Tremlett, at this rate.

Crap game for a debut though. On this pitch, he's gonna end up with figures of 30-2-125-0.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Agreed that his action looks dodgy. I suspect it may actually be legit, but he rotates his arm during his delivery which gives the impression of straightening when viewed from behind.
I agree, it is probably legit, just looks odd. He ****s his wrist basically the moment before release as well and that adds to the impression.