• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nah, Dar's top banana. Rudi fairly solid as well. Taufel's the top boy, but would rate Dar or Rudi over Rauf. Bowden too, despite the attention-seeking.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Was some superb signalling by Gayle for the referral, the slow horizontal followed by the quick vertical was genius.

Woodster

International Captain
WI is ahead of the overate required.

But like every innings of this series so far, i'm sure WI will make more than england
I am aware WI are ahead of the over rate, but that doesn't make their approach to the game any more interesting. They should be ahead of the over rate with negative spin bowling going on.

This can be viewed in several ways, should England look to have attacked more and forced WI into different tactics. Although I do think we're in a very good position.

You can kind of understand WI playing like this, but I hope it comes back to haunt them, no-one enjoys watching such negative and boring cricket.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Given the way the WI have played, England are in about as good a position as they could hope to be at this stage.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
I am aware WI are ahead of the over rate, but that doesn't make their approach to the game any more interesting. They should be ahead of the over rate with negative spin bowling going on.

This can be viewed in several ways, should England look to have attacked more and forced WI into different tactics. Although I do think we're in a very good position.

You can kind of understand WI playing like this, but I hope it comes back to haunt them, no-one enjoys watching such negative and boring cricket.
Yeah but after seeing Taylor injured there wern't that many options, don't think Baker is even test class, and we couldn't go in for a game we must win with Benn batting at 8, you complain about how we put out a negative attack, well if you needed to win a series with Benn at 8 on a pitch that wont be easy in the fourth or fifth day then chances are you're less likely to draw than a side that was put out today...

we were almost forced in to the change by Gayle, and to be fair to him, there's not all that much he could've done, doubt Benn would've added much to our wicket taking threat. Out of the squad available to him it was probobly the right decision, it just looks extremely bad...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Fair call.

Don't remember much being made of the fact that natives were in the minority at the time. Pretty scary, really; national summer sport & all.
That came later, courtesy of a rather odious piece that WCM saw fit to publish.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That came later, courtesy of a rather odious piece that WCM saw fit to publish.
Oh? Slipped under my radar I have to say. Remember Tebbit's infamous "cricket test" (hilariously conflating being a good citizen with sporting loyalties), but that one passed me by.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Oh? Slipped under my radar I have to say. Remember Tebbit's infamous "cricket test" (hilariously conflating being a good citizen with sporting loyalties), but that one passed me by.
Me too at the time. I only became aware of it some years afterwards when the author of the piece joined a cricket chat group that I used to inhabit. The chat group never survived him bring around, unfortunately.

ozone

First Class Debutant
The worry would be that if we bat for another 20 minutes, Priors going to be getting close to 150, and then we might have to wait another 15 for him to get that. Its just taking time out of the game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Me too at the time. I only became aware of it some years afterwards when the author of the piece joined a cricket chat group that I used to inhabit. The chat group never survived him bring around, unfortunately.
Sounds an all-round head of the old dick.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
The worry would be that if we bat for another 20 minutes, Priors going to be getting close to 150, and then we might have to wait another 15 for him to get that. Its just taking time out of the game.
Reckon they must declare at 550... Amjad's got his bowling boots on...