• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Toss: Australia have won the toss and they will bat first, both teams are unchanged.

Has Smith actually won a toss against Ponting in the 5 tests between the two sides in the last few months ? :ph34r:

Unless I'm wrong, every test has been "Ponting wins the toss & Australia bat"

Debris

International 12th Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briony
He has been lucky over the years.

I wonder if anyone has ever had a worse day's bowling than Morkel?

Chris Matthews, Australia. Mid-80s v England (I think).

One of the most memorable horror debuts of all time.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was ecstatic walking past the pub last night and seeing Aus batting at 0/182. Was like the glory days of Hayden Langer. Very excited for Hughes. Glad he picked up the ton. Great to see Katich get one as well.

Little disappointed in our middle order though. Ponting and Clarke have given the SAffies a whisper of a hope of dismissing us for under 400, which must be considered the target for them.

Would be nice to set 500+ for the first innings.

Precambrian

Banned
Amazing the resilience of the Aussies. Well done to them. Dropping catches never win matches. And SA are paying dearly for that. Anyways, glad to see the youngling Hughes make his mark. Am already a fan of his.

This match is as good as gone for Saffers.

Trumpers_Ghost

U19 Cricketer
Sometimes i think people don't know the meaning of the word "literally" :p

I'm so, so with you on this except I'd be more emphatic:

I know for sure that most people who use the term "literally" have no idea what it means, and think it means the polar opposite of what the word actually means.

Example for the gramatically challenged:
"Literally slap them around like a bitch" means that they actually raised their hands and made physical contact to the face.

Their is three ways to remedy this:
1. Replace the word "literally" with either "Figuratively" or "metaphorically" (hope i got the spellings right) but only if you know the context in which to use those words.
2. Don't ever use "literally" not even if your 100% sure that you now understand the meaning.(consider it a punishment for misuse)
3. Use a low brow term instead that actually means what you want it to mean; try:
kinda like Slapin em like a bitch
itsa bit like Slapin em like a bitch
theybee Slapin em like a bitch

:smartass:

Lesson Complete!

Redbacks

International Captain
Damien Fleming spot on as usual. Hussey should have been given out! You can get bowled with the centre of the ball never being on course to hit the stumps. It doesn't matter, any part of the ball hits the stumps and it's out.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
I'm so, so with you on this except I'd be more emphatic:

I know for sure that most people who use the term "literally" have no idea what it means, and think it means the polar opposite of what the word actually means.

Example for the gramatically challenged:
"Literally slap them around like a bitch" means that they actually raised their hands and made physical contact to the face.

Their is three ways to remedy this:
1. Replace the word "literally" with either "Figuratively" or "metaphorically" (hope i got the spellings right) but only if you know the context in which to use those words.
2. Don't ever use "literally" not even if your 100% sure that you now understand the meaning.(consider it a punishment for misuse)
3. Use a low brow term instead that actually means what you want it to mean; try:
kinda like Slapin em like a bitch
itsa bit like Slapin em like a bitch
theybee Slapin em like a bitch

:smartass:

Lesson Complete!
/There are 3 ways...
While we(read you) are busy dishing out grammar lessons...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
From Cricinfo;

Pat: "When are the South African commentators going to give Phil Hughes a break? They continue to rip on his style and supposed weakness. Actually I guess it's not a bad thing, as he continues to make them eat their words, again and again. Watch out South Africa, you have many years ahead of you being spectators to Phil Hughes tons. Well played son."

Quite.

NZ4life!

Cricket Spectator
From Cricinfo;

Pat: "When are the South African commentators going to give Phil Hughes a break? They continue to rip on his style and supposed weakness. Actually I guess it's not a bad thing, as he continues to make them eat their words, again and again. Watch out South Africa, you have many years ahead of you being spectators to Phil Hughes tons. Well played son."

Quite.
Oh no, here we go again....