• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Was drizzling when I left the Wellington train station (just by the stadium) about 45 minutes ago, and it's all around the harbour too. My excuse for not being there? I'm working in an hour...

Flem274*

123/5
You Australian Mon...no we won't go there. :p

Seriously, green pitches from now on. Our batting will probably collapse in a heap, but ti does anyway and we can't have India going at such a high RR.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loving these highlights, have to say. This was a cracker of a game.

Look out for Bond's sixes, coming up next.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Once again the ODI is on hold due to rain while other domestic games around the country continue on their merry un-rain-interrupted way. Seriously, worst NZ cricket season ever for rain.

_Ed_

Looks like the weather's improved and play might not be too far away, which is good.

I wonder how much India's score will go up by the D/L calculation at the end of the innings? Probably quite a lot considering the strength of their position at the moment.

_Ed_

What happens here with the powerplay? They just said the bowling powerplay is 4 overs, but hasn't NZ taken it already for 5?

biased indian

International Coach
what the chance of NZ getting to bat 20 overs ??? should be a stiff target with the start we had ......

think it will turn out to be a 7 match 20-20 series

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
what the chance of NZ getting to bat 20 overs ??? should be a stiff target with the start we had ......

think it will turn out to be a 7 match 20-20 series
Yeah, 7-match 20-20 series sounds about right. If we're lucky it might be a one-ODI, six-20/20 series.

And finally playing again - wow! Bet they don't last five overs before coming off again. Any takers? Yeah, thought not.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Does anybody know how D/L works in regard to Power Plays?
Ravi Shastri just saying something about how expects the target to be over 200, but didn't India get more overs of Power Plays than the revised Power Plays after the rain interruption? Surely it balances out a bit more.

For example, India had a 10 over 1st PP, whereas with the revised target of 34 overs it was only 7 etc.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, 7-match 20-20 series sounds about right. If we're lucky it might be a one-ODI, six-20/20 series.

And finally playing again - wow! Bet they don't last five overs before coming off again. Any takers? Yeah, thought not.
Four overs and four balls....

I'll give myself a pat on the back.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Does anybody know how D/L works in regard to Power Plays?
Ravi Shastri just saying something about how expects the target to be over 200, but didn't India get more overs of Power Plays than the revised Power Plays after the rain interruption? Surely it balances out a bit more.

For example, India had a 10 over 1st PP, whereas with the revised target of 34 overs it was only 7 etc.
Good question - it should definitely be taken into account, but haven't heard if it is and if so, how.

Going to take a stab in the dark - that the chase is 225 from 28 overs.