• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

James

Cricket Web Owner
Oh no - just read this on CricInfo:

Don: "It's raining in Paraparaumu 50km north of Wellington. Thanks for that. PArparaumu means "scraps from an earth oven". Wikipedia of course. It also adds the local youth call it just 'Pram'

:(

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Millsy is bowling like he did when I used to dispise him.
I remember those days well - despised both Styris and Mills for the first 2-3 years of each of their careers. Just could not possibly understand why they kept getting picked. Still have nightmares about the then-frizzy-haired Mills bowling at the death to Razzaq, Pollock etc and me shouting at the TV.

Of course, both turned out really good... so I guess the moral is... hmmm.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yea, didn't seem right. NZ is very picturesque, and all the cricket grounds I remember in NZ are much more open.
The main NZ grounds are like that (this one, Eden Park, Jade Stadium). They're doing a lot of re-work for the 2011 Rugby World Cup.

It was great a few years ago during a 5 match ODI series against Australia when they played at Westpac Stadium (cake-tin) and the Basin Reserve. Nothing beats a packed house at the Basin :)

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, Mills has gone for over 90 in around 10 overs so far in this series.

Great batting from Sehwag, if not a tad lucky.

That said, Mills has once again delivered some absolute tripe, just brainless bowling

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, Mills has gone for over 90 in around 10 overs so far in this series.

Great batting from Sehwag, if not a tad lucky.

That said, Mills has once again delivered some absolute tripe, just brainless bowling
And Butler has 3 overs 0/7 - pity the two senior fast-men are getting thumped. Stating obvious but we're screwed if don't get Sehwag very soon.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
And Butler has 3 overs 0/7 - pity the two senior fast-men are getting thumped. Stating obvious but we're screwed if don't get Sehwag very soon.
A suspect umpiring decision always helps. Will need to see the replay.

Hate to say, but I reckon we're screwed regardless after this start & considering India's batting to come