• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well done to Peter - am glad to see him picked ahead of Hopkins (for limited over games anyway), because I cringe every time I think of Hopkins batting.

However it's pretty dire news for NZ that McCullum is injured. Went through the lineup in my head and could only think that, if McCullum plays as a batsman only, they'll have to drop Oram.
Actually on second thoughts, Oram is slotted in to bat at 7, with Broom at 6. So I guess they'd drop Broom if McCullum plays as a batsman only. So it would be:

McC
Ryder
Gup
Taylor
Elliott
Oram
McGlashan
Mills
Vettori
Butler
O'Brien

Not quite as bad as I'd thought, especially if Oram is capable of a couple of overs.

Polo23

International Debutant
Surely Vettori will bat above Mills..Mills is absolutely atrocious with the bat at international level, no where near in the same class as Vettori. No idea what they were thinking promoting him to number 7 in Aus ahead of Vettori.

Polo23

International Debutant
The cricket sure knows how to turn on the **** weather. Forecast not looking good in Welly for tomorrow.

Flem274*

123/5
If you aren't at the Tests I'll officially remove you from my BFF list.
I'll be at the tests

The NZ A ones down the road.:ph34r:

Hopefuly (fingers crossed) due to the lack of sports reporters at the Massey paper, and the lack of applicants, I'll get in and they'll buy me tickets to go down to the tests...

Dreams are free.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'll be at the tests

The NZ A ones down the road.:ph34r:

Hopefuly (fingers crossed) due to the lack of sports reporters at the Massey paper, and the lack of applicants, I'll get in and they'll buy me tickets to go down to the tests...

Dreams are free.
I live 700m away from the Basin. :cool:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'd almost be tempted to drop McCullum from the top and let Guptill and Ryder open the batting.

Guptill
Ryder
Taylor
Elliott
Broom
Oram
McGlashan
Vettori
Mills
Butler
-insert Wellingtonian bowler here-

I also might bring a sign to the Basin with "BRING BACK JEETS" on it.

Flem274*

123/5
I'd almost be tempted to drop McCullum from the top and let Guptill and Ryder open the batting.

Guptill
Ryder
Taylor
Elliott
Broom
Oram
McGlashan
Vettori
Mills
Butler
-insert Wellingtonian bowler here-

I also might bring a sign to the Basin with "BRING BACK JEETS" on it.
You forgot O'Briens name.

Flem274*

123/5
Gillespie is as good as herpes.
Not true. Herpes has hit middle stump more than Gillespie.

Hasn't taken a 5-fer in a test mind you, Gillespie is capable of bowling well, ever since his odd shoulder injury prior to the WC he has rarely shown it though.