• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Prad100w

U19 Cricketer
Finally the batting "clicked". Aided by a terrific wicket and a lacklustre NZ bowling effort.
What makes NZ a good one-day outfit is their bowling and fielding. Surprising to see Mills go for that many, but it happens in cricket. Not that their batting is weak. Anyhow good to see a good batting effort from the Indians. Let's see how they fair if the wickets are a little different in the next 4 games. Once the NZ bowling also "clicks", we are in for a cracker of a contest for the rest of the series. Hopefully a close one...

Evermind

International Debutant
The decision to promote himself to three and Yusuf to six, leaving out Gambhir, was a masterstroke. Not only did he back it up with that massive innings, the innings also had a neat finish.
Yeah, Dhoni is the first international captain I've seen who does this so often. He improvises a lot more than anyone else I've seen lead a top 8 side.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Forecast for Wellington:

Thursday (day before the match):
Bright and sunny

Friday (match day)
Patchy rain developing

Saturday (day after match):
rain clearing and becoming fine

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If anyone wants evidence that this is a curse, then here it is.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Forecast for Wellington:

Thursday (day before the match):
Bright and sunny

Friday (match day)
Patchy rain developing

Saturday (day after match):
rain clearing and becoming fine

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

If anyone wants evidence that this is a curse, then here it is.
Hey, we're 1-0 up, I'l live with it.

Better than a drought anyday :ph34r:

Polo23

International Debutant
What a dismal bowling performance from NZ. One of the worst i've seen in a long while. The batting was fantastic from Sehwag and Raina, you still have to hit 'em but man were they helped out by some rubbish.

Expecting a better performance in Wellington (if the rain stays away ffs) and to level the series 1-1.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
haha Weather is fine either side of game day.. can they quickly change the venue or the day.. 80 % chance of rain! curse

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Going to Christchurch this weekend to see Sachin!!!.

Seriously, most excited I've been in a long, long time.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Forecast for Christchurch on Sunday is for a southerly change with a period of showers. I am not joking.

But this is beyond a joke.

Hopefully NZ can come back to win the series 2-1.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
grr at Dravid playing in rangiora? surely changing it back to chch will bring more of a crowd, i know atleast ten people who would have gone

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
Praveen Kumar has had an amazing start. He's got McCullum out skying, and Bhajji catches it. Moreover, he's been bowling a lot faster than 'medium-pace'.

Interestingly, we're seeing Zaheer close to the 140k mark here. Is this speed gauge more sensitive?
Speed guns used by skysports,channel nine ,neosports,measure speed from the hand
so the speeds increase,where as espn,tensports use the reading when the ball hits the ground so they show less speed and more prone to errors like spinners bowling at 150kmph:laugh:,Zaheer is close to 90mph,145Kmph in ODI and T20 Most Times.

Coming to the match I expected this In T20 it was the not the newzealand bowling which got
wickets but Indians trying to slog evry ball that lead to trouble and in odis you have to
beat the bat and get wickets which this newzealand attack cannot do on flat pitches.Newzealand will have to produce seaming friendly tracks to win some matches.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Forecast for Christchurch on Sunday is for a southerly change with a period of showers. I am not joking.

But this is beyond a joke.

Hopefully NZ can come back to win the series 2-1.
Next time they do their itinerary, NZ cricket should lie about where the games are being played until the last minute, that way there's a chance of fooling God & he might have at rain at the wrong location :tooth:

JBH001

International Regular
Yeah, rain forecast for Welly afaik.

Bit of a shame, as the weather this year seems to be returning to its usual pattern. The last 2 - 3 years we have had long summers, well into April, and relatively mild winters. This time around things seem to be returning to normal, and March is feeling more like Autumn, and a wet winter seems likely.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member