• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shootout in Lahore

Xuhaib

International Coach
Shocking shocking stuff, nightmare for World cricket, but particularly for Pakistan cricket. Really have to feel Pakistani supporters like Xuhaib, Tazzx and co as you'd have to think it will be a long long time before another International will be staged there :no:
Have always supported that cricket should be played in Pakistan, but this is the deathnail its shamefull this is the darkest day for me as a Pakistan cricket. Int cricket should be taken away from Pakistan for good. Cant think of any more words all I hope SL players are safe:@

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
CNN-IBN is reporting that Samarweera is shot in chest, Terrible terrible news.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have always supported that cricket should be played in Pakistan, but this is the deathnail its shamefull this is the darkest day for me as a Pakistan cricket. Int cricket should be taken away from Pakistan for good. Cant think of any more words all I hope SL players are safe:@
I can only imagine what it must be like to finally see the game played in your country after such a gap, and to have this happen. It would be heartbreaking.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Honestly CNN trying their best to re-iterate that Lanka took India's place on this tour. I don't like the connect the dots that they're trying to make us do.

masterblaster

International Captain
I'm absolutely shocked and disgusted that something like this could happen.

My thoughts are with the Sri Lankan team at the moment and the entire world is pulling for their safety and well being after this horrendous incident.

I could never fathom why people on CW went on their high horses and disagreed with the policy of teams boycotting a tour to Pakistan.

Pakistan is a haven and a breeding ground for terrorism and it always has been. Player safety ALWAYS comes first. I'm glad Australia and India had the guts to say no to this bull**** and refuse to put their players at risk in such a god awful place.

For all I care, I hope no other team visits Pakistan. Pakistan cricket is now officially dead and quite frankly I don't give a crap.

To the Sri Lankan team, we are all praying for your well being and safe return home. You guys are absolute champions and great representatives of the game. I hope Kumar, Samaraweera, Vaas, Mendis and the others are safe and that they make a full recovery.

adharcric

International Coach
Not really no, but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree :cool:

It was a light-hearted comment Sanz, I suggest you pull your head out every so often and have a look around.

I don't think anyone on here has suggested anything other than it's terrible these things have happened. We don't all have to stand to attention with our hand on our hearts and pour out cliches for the next 2 weeks though.
Look, Voltman's comment was actually funny but you don't go around making jokes mere hours after such a tragedy, even if nobody here has a loved one involved. Show some sensitivity FFS. I understand where you're coming from but I'm not going to agree to disagree - if you can't show that basic sensitivity in such situations, please keep your comments to yourself ... and no malice intended towards you here.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I apologize to everyone I debated in the past regarding playing in Pakistan. I was obviously wrong. Pakistan is not a safe place to play cricket and we don't deserve to ever host another game. I hope to God that the SL players are ok. I pray for the families of the fallen police officers. At least they may get some comfort in knowing they died defending the honor of their nation. I have no proper words to express the depth of my sorrow and anger at this incident.

haroon510

International 12th Man
this is sad and heart breaking

i recall.. saying that pakistan isn't a dangerous place of cricketers.. i was wrong.. and i appolgize here..i also called England team with names such as guttless and so on.. back during the Mumbai attack.. i appoligize about that as well..

i hope that Sri Lankan players are ok..and want them to just take the next flight and go home safely.. i don't want to see cricket when the life of the players are in danger..

Last edited:

duffer

No need to apologise for something you had no control over. You guys expected better from certain scum in society and were disappointed.

Son Of Coco

maybe not but can you at least understand why someone else might find it distasteful?
Of course I can. And reasonable reactions to the comment such as your own are appreciated. Personally, I thought Voltman's comment bore little relation to what had actually happened in the situation and was thus amusing...but I can understand how some would find it offensive.

Anyway, I don't want to have the thread filled with this sort of stuff as it's about what's happening now.

Edit: Although I do note that 5 mins later DCYE has apparently given the all clear to joke :sleep: Don't worry though...I've got nothing! :happy:

Last edited: