• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Every time I'm tempted to curse the rain back home, I think of all the times I've flown out of brown, dry, dusty Melbourne and back into beautiful, green, lush New Zealand. It's a blessing more than a curse.
Excellent point. New Zealand is one of the most picturesque and beautiful countries of the world from whatever I have heard and seen and I would love to visit it at least once. It is not what one has in mind when one gets up at 6 AM and has a chance to watch Tendulkar bat for an hour though. :)

99*

International Debutant
We're not getting anymore play today are we?
Not sure, I doubt it though. Sucks too, Auckland is having one of it's best days atm and I'll bet anything you like the day of the game will be sh*t.

EDIT: Hastings is better, so it might get better later on. (Hastings being just down the road.)

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
This weather really pisses me off - the cricket is cursed this summer! Sunny half the country but always raining wherever the cricket goes. The West Indies series was terrible and now this series too :( . Case in point - the NZ A v England Lions game continuing merrily while we wait for play in Napier.

New Zealand need to invest in about four or five Telstra Domes...

99*

International Debutant
This weather really pisses me off - the cricket is cursed this summer! Sunny half the country but always raining wherever the cricket goes. The West Indies series was terrible and now this series too :( . Case in point - the NZ A v England Lions game continuing merrily while we wait for play in Napier.

New Zealand need to invest in about four or five Telstra Domes...
Auckland would have one (being built) if it wasn't for some people. :dry:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Auckland would have one (being built) if it wasn't for some people. :dry:
Really? Haven't been keeping up with some of this news lately, so do tell.

Are you talking about re-furb of Eden Park? Or that viaduct stadium proposal that was around for a while? Or something else all together?

99*

International Debutant
Really? Haven't been keeping up with some of this news lately, so do tell.

Are you talking about re-furb of Eden Park? Or that viaduct stadium proposal that was around for a while? Or something else all together?
Yeah the viaduct one.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
What's worse is that Eden Park is unlikely to host a test match any time soon as well. An up-to-date stadium has been well overdue.
No matter what happens with Auckland's stadiums, you can guarantee that test cricket won't get a look-in. Totally agree with NZC moving tests away from Auckland.