• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
No, other NZ teams didn't have Martin either, so they had 11 batsmen as well. :p
O'Brien is quite Martin-esque, haha. But I'm not convinced that we've ever had a better batsman at 10 than Butler.

Who, for the record, I rate as a much better batsman than Mills.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow, didn't realise that Guptill only had 30 less ODI runs than Ryder.
Haha, that's incredible.

Ryder could start to suffer from "if only" syndrome, where a sportsman with high-profile off-field issues comes to be severely overrated because people assume that he'd play his best all the time "if only he sorted himself out."

99*

International Debutant
Stronger tail=

2006 vs. Sri Lanka
Cairns 7
McCullum 8
Vettori 9
Franklin 10
Bond 11
:laugh: Insane. Who else bowled in that game I wonder? Macca, Astle?

Wow at the second lot. To bad we never had a top order (or had one that included Marshall/Vincent).

Last edited:

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Stronger tail=

2006 vs. Sri Lanka
Cairns 7
McCullum 8
Vettori 9
Franklin 10
Bond 11
IMO, Franklin wasn't really a very good batsman back then. Vettori definitely wasn't in the same league that he is now, and McCullum wasn't near what he is today either.

I think it's an interesting argument.

Athlai

Not Terrible
IMO, Franklin wasn't really a very good batsman back then. Vettori definitely wasn't in the same league that he is now, and McCullum wasn't near what he is today either.

I think it's an interesting argument.
Actually I see that time as being about when Franklin came in to his own with the bat, he scored 29* in that match I think, higher than those around him.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Butler over Southee a good move imo. Hope he goes alright.

Free Hit to Sehwag. Great.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Damn the rain. Hate this aspect of cricket in New Zealand (I love various other aspects like extra encouragement for fast bowlers).

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Napier is notorious for rain interrupting cricket, even though it produces perhaps the best summer throughout the country.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Stronger than that vs. Aus 2005
Cairns 7
Oram 8
McCullum9
Vettori10
Mills11
I was gonna say I remembered NZ once having a batting lineup in which every man had scored at least one first-class century. That must've been it.

Damn the rain. Hate this aspect of cricket in New Zealand.
Every time I'm tempted to curse the rain back home, I think of all the times I've flown out of brown, dry, dusty Melbourne and back into beautiful, green, lush New Zealand. It's a blessing more than a curse.