• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Please read what I am writing.

I am explaining WHY the decision has been made. The content of my post is NOT my opinion.

This is the letter of the regulations to my understanding: that the third umpire must work on fact. A fact is the ball pitching outside leg stump, or an inside edge having been taken on the way through. These are not predictions!

Now, this will be interesting...
This must be not out.

I'm pretty convinced this is hitting the bails, but MUST be not out.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Daryl Harper needs to be taken off the ICC Elite Panel. He is simply not good enough.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is out!
I personally thought it was going to hit the stumps, but going on the result of previous referrals and the basis of "consistency" assumed it was going to be given not out....
Jeez,

Jigga988

State 12th Man
So... the third umpire has overturned two decisions in England's favour and none in ours... Chanders was the most obvious one to overturn yet that was the only decision kept.... This is absolute bull**** and unacceptable in every way give me a break! what jokes they have for umpires... if we can't avoid the follow on this will be such a huge...

It's friking cheating...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, I'd hope a smart man like yourself can tell when someone is using humour to make a point.
I can. I would say "the same applies to you", but evidence has long since shown that precious few on CW can tell when I'm using humour. I just don't like a YES, THIS PART OF THIS POST WAS IN JEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in the middle of a post.

Uppercut

It was totally out for me. Not as out as Chanderpaul's was in. ****ing joke though. Absolute farce.

EDIT: Haha, hawkeye says it's going over. Well, i don't know what to say. That's a dreadful decision.

Neil Pickup

So... the third umpire has overturned two decisions in England's favour and none in ours... Chanders was the most obvious one to overturn yet that was the only decision kept.... This is absolute bull**** and unacceptable in every way give me a break! what jokes they have for umpires... if we can't avoid the follow on this will be such a huge...

It's friking cheating...
It is not cheating. Please do not descend the discussion of the point at hand to that. There is no reason why an official would want to cheat.

It is confusion and incompetence.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

It's friking cheating...
Daryl Harper isn't a cheat. He's just a completely and totally hopeless Umpire, always has been, and is always going to be.

It's a disaster having him on the Elite Panel.

sammy2

Banned
I am afraid to log onto carib cricket ... they must be fuming for good reasons. ohwell. The plan is clear, england must win. loolololololilolololol

inbox24

International Debutant
If the system's going to be this bad and inconsistent, then why have it at all? Cricket's survived more than a century without it so why fix something that ain't broke.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ramdin for a triple ton here.

*Please note, the above means I would like Ramdin to bat well and make some runs. I do not actually believe Ramdin will actually make 300 Test runs this innings.

Glad I could clear this up.

Your friend,
Nath.

Neil Pickup

I am trying to understand how there is any possible argument from any spectrum to understand why that decision has been made. I'm usually pretty good at working out exactly where wrong answers come from in children's maths books, and I thought I made a pretty good effort at legislating for the Chanderpaul not out.

Yet I cannot see any reason at all for the Nash LBW to be reversed. Had it been given out, there would have been no reason for it to be given not out: yet once given not out, there is absolutely no way that Harper can say it is fact that Dar's decision was wrong. None, from any possible perspective. It is quite simply an appalling decision and one that should result in suspension or removal of Harper from the elite panel of umpires. He is not doing his job.

Jigga988

State 12th Man
Daryl Harper isn't a cheat. He's just a completely and totally hopeless Umpire, always has been, and is always going to be.

It's a disaster having him on the Elite Panel.
Obviously I know he's not intentially cheating that was just said in the heat of the moment... but times like this make you think the cricketing World is going against you...