• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

thierry henry

International Coach
jeez, Young was going beautifully and then he plays an absolutely horrible shot, lol

You'd never guess Young and Campbell were the same age, Campbell could pass for his Dad

thierry henry

International Coach
A sly dig at what?

I was thinking more in actual measurements. So far I've seen that he's a lot taller than Andy Bichel. It didn't really give me much of an idea...
nm, just thinking back to when you (who actually knows him) gave an estimation of Tim Southee's height and I pulled you up on it, etc (there was that whole height thread where I was an eager contributor)

Looks genuinely tall, like 6'5" or even 6'6", to me

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
nm, just thinking back to when you (who actually knows him) gave an estimation of Tim Southee's height and I pulled you up on it, etc (there was that whole height thread where I was an eager contributor)

Looks genuinely tall, like 6'5" or even 6'6", to me
IIRC, I said Southee was a lot taller than Boult. Which is obviously true.

thierry henry

International Coach
lol are the commentators even talking to Matthews or has he just got himself permanently wired up? He seems to keep on butting in and surprising them when they aren't even intending to talk to him.

thierry henry

International Coach
IIRC, I said Southee was a lot taller than Boult. Which is obviously true.
You said you were 6'3" and Southee must be about 6'5", I said I couldn't see Southee being any more than 6'3" given his height relative to other cricketers and I think you said you met him again and revised your estimate to being pretty much eye to eye with you. He's certainly taller than Boult either way- I think the convo started when I doubted someone's claim that Boult was 6'1".

thierry henry

International Coach
NZ starting beautifully with the bat and now going to pieces horribly, just like they did with the ball....typical NZ cricket?

thierry henry

International Coach
If Holdsworth was truly "right arm fast" as cricinfo and Bryan Young suggest, then he has to win the award for "biggest decline" from his playing days to now, especially since he's only 40 and doesn't look horribly out of shape or anything

IndGunner

First Class Debutant
prediction on the t20 match? i think Nz'ers should win because of thier tighter bowling, Sehwag to get out for less than 10. India bat first and score 140 - 150, Nz win with 2 overs remaining

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
prediction on the t20 match? i think Nz'ers should win because of thier tighter bowling, Sehwag to get out for less than 10. India bat first and score 140 - 150, Nz win with 2 overs remaining
I tend to agree. But if the Indians have learnt how to bat since the last game we might be chasing a bit more than that.

The pitch looks really good.