• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
So NZ EP are 272/9 in response to 278 by EngA. Six of the top seven scored between 20 and 60, with fifties to Brodie and Hay (notout).

Guess they're playing Styris because they're planning to include him in the ODI squad for India. Good news that he was able to bowl too.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Blarggh! Out for 277 going for the run that would have tied the scores. Oh well, Mclenangenahanahan picks up a wicket in his first over.

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
Richardson and others have said he's quicker than Bond, and from what I've seen he has some zip. Obviously he's still ****, but from what I and others have seen, he's quick.
Quicker than bond? He certainly is not.

He would be lucky to be hitting 140. Similar pace to Southee.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Quicker than bond? He certainly is not.

He would be lucky to be hitting 140. Similar pace to Southee.
What makes you say that? Although I must confess that I've never seen him bowl, the general consensus amongst those who've seen him (and played him) is that he's one of the quickest bowlers in the country.

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
What makes you say that? Although I must confess that I've never seen him bowl, the general consensus amongst those who've seen him (and played him) is that he's one of the quickest bowlers in the country.
Having been someone who has faced him in the past, i can say that 2 yrs ago he was VERY quick. Partially due to injury, and partially due to an inability to control his line and length at that pace, he remodeled his action and now subsequently bowls at a much reduced pace.

Some commentators seem to have forgotten that, and draw on his previous days.

I would say that Hamish Bennets stock ball is quicker than his.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Having been someone who has faced him in the past, i can say that 2 yrs ago he was VERY quick. Partially due to injury, and partially due to an inability to control his line and length at that pace, he remodeled his action and now subsequently bowls at a much reduced pace.

Some commentators seem to have forgotten that, and draw on his previous days.

I would say that Hamish Bennets stock ball is quicker than his.
It figures. What is it with our fast bowlers and injuries?

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Maybe because bowling fast is extremely stressful on any human body.
Well obviously. Yet despite that, for most part Australia, South Africa, England, Pakistan and the West Indies have all managed to produce plenty of fast bowlers who've sustained high pace and avoided career ending injuries. Maybe it's just that they produce more of them or something.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Mmm very stressful. Other countries somehow manage to keep a fast bowler on the pitch. Maybe however, they have the numbers and we don't hear about the other fast bowlers who have broken down.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
While talking about pace.

Watching the Aus vs SA test online at the mo and they have Aus in all sorts of trouble.

Their fastest bowler is Morkle who is bowling around 140.

Steyn and Kallis are bowling line and length with speeds of 125-140.

Speed, shmeed.

Flem274*

123/5
Agreed with Blakey. Hated the old version of Butler, yet people still diss Millzeh and O'Brien for their lack of pace despite being gun.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
Thing is Obrien is up there with Steyns pace in this innings. Occasionaly Steyn hits 142 but I would say his average is around 138.

Mills bowls Kallis' pace. Kallis has been outstanding this morning and his career average is 32. Not bad for an allrounder.

Southee is bowling high 130's lately. If he can get his length right he will give himself a fantastic chance of being a very good bowler.

With the pitches around the country getting better and better - we are certain to see batsmen become more confident in their strokes and consequently be able to handle international competition better. On the flipside, with bowlers having to learn more about consistency i.e. line and length and mainting this in order to get wickets, are we going to see less fast bowlers?

Flem274*

123/5
Thing is Obrien is up there with Steyns pace in this innings. Occasionaly Steyn hits 142 but I would say his average is around 138.

Mills bowls Kallis' pace. Kallis has been outstanding this morning and his career average is 32. Not bad for an allrounder.

Southee is bowling high 130's lately. If he can get his length right he will give himself a fantastic chance of being a very good bowler.

With the pitches around the country getting better and better - we are certain to see batsmen become more confident in their strokes and consequently be able to handle international competition better. On the flipside, with bowlers having to learn more about consistency i.e. line and length and mainting this in order to get wickets, are we going to see less fast bowlers?
I cant read very well atm, but awta, mainly because you hate Leslie..

On another note, did I see a mention of Hay on fifty? WAG. Luff him.

Polo23

International Debutant
Mills bowls Kallis' pace? Sure...in magical fairy dream land where Mills bowls 5-10 km/h quicker than he actually does.