• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official India in New Zealand***

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
This is an important tour for New Zealand cricket, and it couldn't got off to a better start, may the rest of the tour be as successful as last night.
And may the rest of the posting be this acrimonious! I haven't such a good laugh in ages.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One real gripe with yesterday's game was that on two occasions, the game was held up as the cheerleaders were performing a routine behind the bowler's arm.

If the game's gonna have cheerleaders, at least make sure they understand that its a BIG no-no to be moving behind the bowler's arm.

Brett Dale

School Boy/Girl Captain
One real gripe with yesterday's game was that on two occasions, the game was held up as the cheerleaders were performing a routine behind the bowler's arm.

If the game's gonna have cheerleaders, at least make sure they understand that its a BIG no-no to be moving behind the bowler's arm.
Yep that was terrible, the crowd was booing them to get off the field, the problem wasn't so much doing their routines behind the bowlers arm, they were actually on the field as the bowler was running in, they werent running to get off, it was like they were out for a stroll.

HeathDavisSpeed

Yep that was terrible, the crowd was booing them to get off the field, the problem wasn't so much doing their routines behind the bowlers arm, they were actually on the field as the bowler was running in, they werent running to get off, it was like they were out for a stroll.
Ah. They didn't show it on the gogglebox. Frankly, there shouldn't be cheerleaders at cricket anyway; especially 20:20 and certainly not on the pitch. Hopefully that farce will deter other grounds from having them.

Save cheerleaders for American Sports which can't provide any other means of entertainment.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Goodness me, these knee-jerk reactions from Indian fans are frustrating. There were so many on Dial C for Cricket who kept saying derisive things about Rohit Sharma and the Pathans. Worse, the Mumbai factor was played up in the studio a few times, despite the studio appointing Wasim Jaffer, a Mumbai Ranji player, as their expert. Never mind that both Rohit and Jaffer have played for Mumbai, and they've won more Ranji titles than the rest of India in history. Yes, the result has been disappointing, but that's not a reason to make changes. It was only their first match here. What about those replacements, who are so much worse? What if their first match is an off day? That surely will result in a second straight defeat. Rather than make any changes, the Indians should persist with the existing XI and instead, change the way they play. They should take a leaf out of NZ's plan and play out a big innings and then cash in on their weak links. Here everyone wants Yusuf and Irfan dropped. We don't expect the same derisive comments about Nate McCullum and Ian Butler from Kiwi fans. That's because they were gifted wickets like Boxing Day presents. If they are serious about winning the next encounter, they should play the same XI, but bat sensibly, and watch their step while bowling.

Precambrian

Banned
Goodness me, these knee-jerk reactions from Indian fans are frustrating. There were so many on Dial C for Cricket who kept saying derisive things about Rohit Sharma and the Pathans. Worse, the Mumbai factor was played up in the studio a few times, despite the studio appointing Wasim Jaffer, a Mumbai Ranji player, as their expert. Never mind that both Rohit and Jaffer have played for Mumbai, and they've won more Ranji titles than the rest of India in history. Yes, the result has been disappointing, but that's not a reason to make changes. It was only their first match here. What about those replacements, who are so much worse? What if their first match is an off day? That surely will result in a second straight defeat. Rather than make any changes, the Indians should persist with the existing XI and instead, change the way they play. They should take a leaf out of NZ's plan and play out a big innings and then cash in on their weak links. Here everyone wants Yusuf and Irfan dropped. We don't expect the same derisive comments about Nate McCullum and Ian Butler from Kiwi fans. That's because they were gifted wickets like Boxing Day presents. If they are serious about winning the next encounter, they should play the same XI, but bat sensibly, and watch their step while bowling.
Spot the Mumbai Fan. :p

I agree. I said at the start I don't give a damn to this format, as it is just pure entertainment. Like WWE, without the script, making it all the more awesome. It is also a format which allows me to go beyond national bias and root for my favorite cricketers regardless of the color of jersey.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Spot the Mumbai Fan. :p

I agree. I said at the start I don't give a damn to this format, as it is just pure entertainment. Like WWE, without the script, making it all the more awesome. It is also a format which allows me to go beyond national bias and root for my favorite cricketers regardless of the color of jersey.
I get a hint, and everyone does, when T20 is only often played once a tour. When the whole international cricket community begins to accept it, the format may be taken a little more seriously. Besides, this is T20, but all the Indian batsmen played like it's a one-over match.

Cricket_God

U19 Cricketer
You watch that show? In that show most callers are the neosports guys,they try to
ask controversial questions and start fights ,i watched the show for a week and the same
callers were calling with different names ,man do not watch the show its there editor or
somebody calling not the real people.

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
Hmm curtain raiser will be a laugh

New Zealand:
Stephen Fleming (captain)
Sachin Tendulkar *(not sure who hes replacing)
Kerry Walmsley
Dion Nash
Matthew Horne
Hamish Marshall
Simon Doull
Bryan Young
Shane Thomson
Andrew Jones
James Fuller (under-19)
Paul Wiseman

Australia:
Darren Lehmann (captain)
Greg Blewett
Ian Healy
Greg Matthews
Brad Hogg
Andy Bichel
Michael Di Venuto
Michael Dighton
Josh Hazlewood (under-19)
Mick Lewis
Greg Campbell
Wayne Holdswort

Heading down to the stadium at 6.. so we shall miss it thou =[

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Hmm curtain raiser will be a laugh

New Zealand:
Stephen Fleming (captain)
Sachin Tendulkar *(not sure who hes replacing)
Kerry Walmsley
Dion Nash
Matthew Horne
Hamish Marshall
Simon Doull
Bryan Young
Shane Thomson
Andrew Jones
James Fuller (under-19)
Paul Wiseman

Australia:
Darren Lehmann (captain)
Greg Blewett
Ian Healy
Greg Matthews
Brad Hogg
Andy Bichel
Michael Di Venuto
Michael Dighton
Josh Hazlewood (under-19)
Mick Lewis
Greg Campbell
Wayne Holdswort

Heading down to the stadium at 6.. so we shall miss it thou =[
I reckon I've picked the worst summer to spend away from home. Aside from loads of cool gigs and other stuff, I'm gonna miss seeing one of my old heroes, Andrew Jones, pad up again :(

HeathDavisSpeed

I reckon I've picked the worst summer to spend away from home. Aside from loads of cool gigs and other stuff, I'm gonna miss seeing one of my old heroes, Andrew Jones, pad up again :(
And missed out on playing some real cricket with The Heef. :cool:

When are you planning on coming back, by the way? I forget.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
You watch that show? In that show most callers are the neosports guys,they try to
ask controversial questions and start fights ,i watched the show for a week and the same
callers were calling with different names ,man do not watch the show its there editor or
somebody calling not the real people.
Tell me more about this. It's a fascinating revelation.

All along, on that show, everyone out there tries to start a fight, and worse, argue with the expert on air. What's even more disturbing is that the Neo Sports folks encourage such things. Someone politely asked, "Can I interrupt you a little?" Manish, the host, said "You're free to interrupt anyone, anytime". Moreover, an ad with the tag "Love a good fight?" was used for a boxing show- now it's used for Dial C For Cricket. I know there are so many with similar voices, but it's a characteristic everywhere, but them being insiders is an interesting take. I just happen to watch any cricket discussion, but it seems this one is the most active one. For some reason, I never get across there- I have spoken (or had my comments read) on every other place I've tried- five times on ESPN/STAR (phone and text) and once on DD Wisden 20-20. I find it the second-most explosive (and brainless) shout-fest after the Rediff message boards.

HeathDavisSpeed

It's looking like sometime in June. Poor economy means less passengers, which means less tips, which means less time travelling unfortunately :(
I did wonder how the recession would be effecting such touristy type activities. As you said before, it seems like you had very unfortunate timing for your trip.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
Looking forward to watching the curtain raiser as much as the real game, NZ should win both specially with Sachin Playing for them in the first one.

Also Please get Healy out first ball, please let him be the joke of the whole day.. my wish for this glorious friday is that.