• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Much as the notion of northerners being hard and southerners soft is obvious nonsense, I'm not surprised anyone'd be feeling unwell in these conditions.
Looks like a nice day to me. The sun is shining, not many clouds in the sky and not too humid.

Athlai

Not Terrible
After 165 overs West Indies conceded 17 extras.

After 27 overs England conceded 23 extras.

Matt Dire conceding 12 himself.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Always liked Devon Smith.
Me too, but he's just the same as Daren Ganga really, and Mark Ramprakash too - in spite of there being no obvious weakness in his game, and in spite of excellence at the domestic level, he just hasn't been able to translate his First-Class domestic stuff to Test level.

Greg Blewett and Michael Bevan were almost the same as well, but both of them had minute technical deficiencies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Looks like a nice day to me. The sun is shining, not many clouds in the sky and not too humid.
Apparently it's really stifling. No breeze at all and a fair bit of humidity and heat. There were potential problems flagged-up for the bowlers at the start of the day.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure why the Sky boys keep going on about KP’s dismissal, it was a ****e shot more than anything and he should have got forward. Fred got a special from the pitch but KP made it look far worse on his dismissal.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Sure the bounce isn't good but Prior is so cack.
You would have thought he could stop at least some of these.
I wonder how his byes total compares to previous England keepers, even after 14 games or whatever he has played.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not sure why the Sky boys keep going on about KP’s dismissal, it was a ****e shot more than anything and he should have got forward. Fred got a special from the pitch but KP made it look far worse on his dismissal.
It undoubtedly kept low though. Obviously he could've left it, but had it bounced as you'd expect he'd not have been out.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You would have thought he could stop at least some of these.
I wonder how his byes total compares to previous England keepers, even after 14 games or whatever he has played.
There was a study into it, posted by zaremba i think, some time ago. He's far worse than anyone else for conceding unnecessary byes. It's obvious even when watching county cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Devon Smith is gooooooonnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeee. So typical of him. He doesn't always get a good start, and usually when he does he throws it away.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Actually was a pretty damn decent ball from Swann that - drifted, turned and even looped a bit.

Diabolical shot nonetheless.

BTW, I see why they call it Chickie's DISCO. Virtually every song since he's been on has been a disco song from '74 to '80.

Durham_CCC

School Boy/Girl Captain
I heard yesterday that Ambrose will keep wicket for the 4th test because Prior is going back for the birth of his kid.

True or False ?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Powell can see out 60 balls, you'd expect Chanderpaul to see at least 5 times as many.
Or he could edge one of the several balls Powell got nowhere near.

Quality from Swann, you could see Smith was intent on hitting him out of the attack and he did well to keep his nerve. Really hoping he does well and justifies his selection- Monty's got a free ride for too long.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I heard yesterday that Ambrose will keep wicket for the 4th test because Prior is going back for the birth of his kid.

True or False ?
It's true.

Going back to Smith, I reckon he was trying to hit Swann out of the attack after that ball in his first over turned miles. Obv executed it horribly though.