• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

inbox24

International Debutant
Hoping for a Guptill century tonight, McCullum not out 40 at the other end.

Hoping for Johnson to cop some tap so we can get something out of this game.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Well, worst innings of the summer. For the batting and the commentary.

Well bowled by Vettori and his side. Would probably be deserving if they win tonight. :)

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon this won't be an easy chase tbh, seems the ball is holding up a bit, judging by the number of mistimed shots. Only applies really if Aus kep the ball up.

No doubt Hilfy to do his usual and bang the bastard in half way down, Bracks to go to water, in keeping with his crapiness this summer. Siddle to be the best of the bowlers.

kingkallis

International Coach
Cricinfo has shifted their base to Australia or what?

19.1 Southee to Henriques, 1 no ball, OUT, swings at a waist high full toss, gets a faint clip, McCullum dives superbly, injured shoulder and all, and intercepts the top edge brilliantly, then flicks the ball back to O'Brien, who runs out Henriques for a duck on his Australia debut
MC Henriques run out 1 (2b 0x4 0x6) SR: 50.00

pasag

RTDAS
Interesting bowling effort from NZ, some real rubbish but then often backed up by some really good T20 bowling (sometimes from the same bowlers even). The less said about the Aussie batting the better.

NZ should win but with Siddle playing we have some hope. Hilfenhaus to go for over 40.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sonny Shaw has a website now? And is advertising it on his flag?

Disgrace.
Guy is an utter dickhead I reckon. Good on him for supporting his team, but I wish he'd gtfo of my face everytime I watch the cricket.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Does anyone reckon Nicholas will look back in 15 years or so at some of his commentary and links and think to himself "what a pretentious wanker I was"? Or is he too far gone to realise it.

masterblaster

International Captain
This commentary makes me feel ill. It was never this bad in the 90's. Ever since they've had Nicholas and Healy come on board, the commentary has down the toilet.

Even Michael Slater has regressed dramatically. He actually used to be a pretty good commentator and his commentary on Channel 4 in England and for Ten Sports in India and Sri Lanka was actually really insightful and entertaining.

I think it's the Healy and Taylor factor that has 'dumbed' down Slater. His commentary now is pretty woeful, just like the entire Channel 9 team.

masterblaster

International Captain
Does anyone reckon Nicholas will look back in 15 years or so at some of his commentary and links and think to himself "what a pretentious wanker I was"? Or is he too far gone to realise it.
He seems to love Australia so much, I can't believe he's English. I guess it's looking after the people who are looking after you. Channel 9 are obviously playing him a large sum to stay in Australia, so I guess he's obliged to act the way he does. Was he always this bad when he commentated in England?