• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Plus resuming it somewhere else would mess up all the computer programs that record match statistics, since now they need to handle multiple grounds for a single match :p.

The programming lobby should step in and prevent such a thing. :D

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My solution is....

1) Abandon this Test match.

2) Start a new test, calling it the third Test, at the ARG tomorrow.
The thing that is annoying me is that some of these players will win a Test Cap and do absolutely nothing, it kind of grinds my gears.

vicky

School Boy/Girl Captain
You were familiar with the nonsense of Stanford's ground being used for the Twenty20 thingy a few months back?

It's got to be the ARG or somewhere else in the Caribbean.
From memory the pitch that was laid for the final was quite a good wicket... i don't see the issue...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
The thing that is annoying me is that some of these players will win a Test Cap and do absolutely nothing, it kind of grinds my gears.
Yeah, ideally this match would be completely scratched from all records. The same should've happened at Sabina in 1998.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
From memory the pitch that was laid for the final was quite a good wicket... i don't see the issue...
There were loads of other things that people were dissatisfied with. In any case, a Test is 11 times the length of a Twenty20.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Haha, bloody hell, it'll be a new game started.

England didn't start the first of the two Tests in T&T at 16-3 or whatever it was.
Hmm.. I dunno, if the match was to start tomorrow, I don't know if they'd be able to make it a 5 day Test, mainly for TV audiences.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Hmm.. I dunno, if the match was to start tomorrow, I don't know if they'd be able to make it a 5 day Test, mainly for TV audiences.
No knowing. There really is no knowing. It depends mostly on the host broadcasters - Sky can generally make room for pretty well anything.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is God's way of preventing Owais Shah from playing Test cricket.

Clearly it's all been a cosmic conspiracy all along.

pskov

International 12th Man
There's a two day tour match at Barbados between this and the next test, so there is a decent buffer to get something organised at another ground on Antigua. You could spend another three days or so sorting out the ARG and still play a 5 day test, cancel the tour game and still start the Barbados test on time.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
more to do with the event than ssues with the ground or playing surface though?
There were a few things that disappointed everyone, UIMM. Lights, outfield, something like that. I didn't pay much attention to it, as I don't care for Twenty20, but I thought there were a good few complaints.

shivfan

Banned
No knowing. There really is no knowing. It depends mostly on the host broadcasters - Sky can generally make room for pretty well anything.
Yep!

A five-day Test match at the ARG is possible, because England's next game is a two-day practice game in Barbados....