• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

pasag

RTDAS
Nah. Shah's a natural number-three, it's his favoured position and he should bat there IMO.

Perhaps if he had done, Bell'd still be in the side in his best position at six.
Hope yer right and hope he has a Hussey-esque reboot to his career.

Neil Pickup

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quite literally, you took the words off my keyboard. I played on a stupidly sloping ground last season (where it was equally impossible to bowl properly) and in the end basically just gave-up bowling. Said to my captain "this isn't acceptable". It's almost - almost - forgivable in a club second XI match. In a Test, it's 100% unacceptable.

Shame England didn't win the toss, really. Always going to get more criticism for fielding than batting, so if the toss is irrelevant, you always hope the one who wants to bat gets the chance to officially make the decision.
Babbacombe?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Your keyboard has the words ridiculous and outfield on it?

This is shocking anyways, I wish that they could just move to a better ground somewhere and continue there tomorrow at 0/7.

popepouri

State Vice-Captain
rain stops play oh dear, that's unfortunate. The shower is sweeping in, and we have a delay. Hopefully it is only a brief interlude. Gnasher, our man on the ground, claims he can see a kid building a sand-castle at fine leg. That's not a kid, it's ian bell, who's suddenly got a lot of time on his hands on this trip
ftw!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
This sucks so hard. Here I sit, beer in hand, rain gone and they've somehow ****ed up the bowlers' run-ups.

Surely building a stadium on a beach was naive at best?!

pasag

RTDAS
Weren't their massive issues when we played there? I know there were huge sightscreen delays and all sorts of problems in just about every Test.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
4 day unofficial test at the ARG?
Is there not another ground that can step in and maybe start a match tomorrow? Shift the matches around or something?
I don't know if The ARG is still fit for playing actual games. If it is, you hope they can play it, but I do hope it's a proper five-day game rather than just an unofficial one for the sake of the TV contracts.

Obviously I doubt anyone'd be keen to play at Allen Stanford's ground. So if they went somewhere, it'd have to be another island. Would there be anywhere that was able to produce a pitch at a moment's notice?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know if The ARG is still fit for playing actual games. If it is, you hope they can play it, but I do hope it's a proper five-day game rather than just an unofficial one for the sake of the TV contracts.

Obviously I doubt anyone'd be keen to play at Allen Stanford's ground. So if they went somewhere, it'd have to be another island. Would there be anywhere that was able to produce a pitch at a moment's notice?
I was just wondering if the third test venue could get themselves ready. I don't know anything about pitch preparation.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Would just shorten my run-up tbh. Key difference is, I'm not trying to win a Test Match for my country.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It can't be a surprise, surely? Earth doesn't suddenly become sand. ****ing amateur hour.

Great, everyone heading back to pavilion. 8-)

EDIT: play abandoned for the day. For god's sake.