• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Guess most people'd say Shah should've played at least 3 Tests ago... Harmison playing ahead of Anderson in the First Test, or in India, wasn't a good decision, but whether Anderson (as anyone) can take wickets on this pitch remains to be seen. Ryan Hinds playing ahead of Marshall is obviously quite right, infinitely better batsman.

Apparently there's a genuine possibility that the game might be called-off because of a dangerous outfield. :confused:
Grrr.

If it gets called off and then Hinds and Anderson don't play the third Test, I'll be ropable.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Those shots of the outfield they've been showing on Sky just now. :unsure:

Would not be at all surprised to see this match called off before lunch. It's a shame they couldn't just agree to move the match to the pitch at the ARG and play it there.
Waste of time. You might as well move it to the local motorway. It was established a good while ago that playing Tests on that pitch is a recipe for the easiest draw you'll ever see and an easy way to meaninglessly push up bowling averages.

Steulen

International Regular
Canceling a match because of the outfield would be ridiculous. That delivery stride landing place a.k.a. Grand Canyon OTOH...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
The outfield is absurd. Very interesting decision by the Windies aswell. Taylor hating this grass already.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Well problems from the very first over of the match are a worry. How could a groundskeeper allow this to happen?

pasag

RTDAS
What do people think of Shah batting at 3? Seems a lot of pressure, especially if England lose an early wicket. Wouldn't it make more sense to ease him in lower down the order?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
What do people think of Shah batting at 3? Seems a lot of pressure, especially if England lose an early wicket. Wouldn't it make more sense to ease him in lower down the order?
It would, if KP would bat at 3. But he won't, I don't think.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well he bats 3 at First Class level and scored 70 odd on debut there. I think he'd have more success down at 5 or so but I don't see Pietersen at 3 and Collingwood at 4 being the solution either. The vacancy in the team is at 3 so if he wants to fit into the team, he has to perform there. There's no spot for him anywhere else.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nah. Shah's a natural number-three, it's his favoured position and he should bat there IMO.

Perhaps if he had done, Bell'd still be in the side in his best position at six.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
This is totally ridiculous, this outfield.
Quite literally, you took the words off my keyboard. I played on a stupidly sloping ground last season (where it was equally impossible to bowl properly) and in the end basically just gave-up bowling. Said to my captain "this isn't acceptable". It's almost - almost - forgivable in a club second XI match. In a Test, it's 100% unacceptable.
Also, considering the outfield, I think the Windies should have batted.
Shame England didn't win the toss, really. Always going to get more criticism for fielding than batting, so if the toss is irrelevant, you always hope the one who wants to bat gets the chance to officially make the decision.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Shame England didn't win the toss, really. Always going to get more criticism for fielding than batting, so if the toss is irrelevant, you always hope the one who wants to bat gets the chance to officially make the decision.
I just feel sorry for the Windies players.