• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Redbacks

International Captain
Thought Hussey would get the gig for captaincy of the T20 game.

NZ had the match in the bag, saved by the rain:)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He averaged about 6 in Twenty20 cricket before this season (despite the fact that it should suit him) so it's perhaps a bit odd that he's picked in that format specifically but I'm happy for him all the same.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He averaged about 6 in Twenty20 cricket before this season (despite the fact that it should suit him) so it's perhaps a bit odd that he's picked in that format specifically but I'm happy for him all the same.
Aus management don't really believe that T20 is a real format, hence they pick a promising player for that format to give them experience for the real formats. Hence dire T20 players getting a run.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Aus management don't really believe that T20 is a real format, hence they pick a promising player for that format to give them experience for the real formats. Hence dire T20 players getting a run.
Yeah, I tend to agree with that line of thinking TBH. It's just amusing that you get such ridiculous cases.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Think the selectors love players who perform in finals (we saw the with Siddle), and as you would know Quiney has been great in the one day form.

pasag

RTDAS
Very happy with the result, such a good series didn't deserve to be decided with a 22 over match and a draw is more than a fair reflection. I wouldn't really bother who gets the trophy, aside from the Ashes trophy, regaining and retaining trophies are pretty meaningless.

Looks like Siddle was superb, so great call re selecting him over Hilfenhaus. Also Hopes never opening again would make me a very happy man. Also looks like the calls for Haddin to move up the order made a while back by some of us have been validated. Ferguson a massive positive also.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Think the selectors love players who perform in finals (we saw the with Siddle), and as you would know Quiney has been great in the one day form.
Yeah I'm perfectly happy with the selection, I'm just a little surprised by it. Hopefully it means he's close to ODI selection.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Very happy with the result, such a good series didn't deserve to be decided with a 22 over match and a draw is more than a fair reflection. I wouldn't really bother who gets the trophy, aside from the Ashes trophy, regaining and retaining trophies are pretty meaningless.

Looks like Siddle was superb, so great call re selecting him over Hilfenhaus. Also Hopes never opening again would make me a very happy man. Also looks like the calls for Haddin to move up the order made a while back by some of us have been validated. Ferguson a massive positive also.
Yeah despite my frustrations at having a no result in a match that we were on top of a 22-20 over match was by no means the way to end a fantastic series. Hope us Kiwi's showed you Aussies a thing or two about how to play as a team understrength and all. Great series.

Though too bad it was unbearable to watch due to the sheer ****ing ignorance of your commentators.

pasag

RTDAS
Yeah despite my frustrations at having a no result in a match that we were on top of a 22-20 over match was by no means the way to end a fantastic series. Hope us Kiwi's showed you Aussies a thing or two about how to play as a team understrength and all. Great series.

Though too bad it was unbearable to watch due to the sheer ****ing ignorance of your commentators.
Tbf, you only have to put up with them for a series here and there, we have to put up with them for the whole year, every year!

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Steadfastly refuse to believe commentators anywhere else in the world are much better. Although I agree its time Tony was moved on, and probably Bill as well. And Healy. Don't mind the rest. Said it many times before, but I just don't get the "I hate Nicholas, cause he sounds gay" thing. :confused: He's more a colour commentator who tries to build excitement about what's occurring rather than analytically dissect it, but that's a role that most commentary teams in most sports have, and it serves a purpose.

pasag

RTDAS
England's are miles and miles ahead. But not just in commentary, in other areas of the package as well like:

a) Analysis - the third man thing or whatever it's called is excellent
b) Lunch programming (which they actually put some effort into)
c) Post match and rain discussion which is virtually non-existent here

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
England's are miles and miles ahead. But not just in commentary, in other areas of the package as well like:

a) Analysis - the third man thing or whatever it's called is excellent
b) Lunch programming (which they actually put some effort into)
c) Post match and rain discussion which is virtually non-existent here
Agree with all that. Australia are so far behind it's not funny.