• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Polo23

International Debutant
I enjoy Martin Crowe...he tells it how it is, and he is probably NZ's biggest critic. If anything, he is anti-bias towards NZ.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Mark Richardson is the best out of them, don't mind his bias. During the 4th ODI in an SL vs NZ series, Vaas had about fifty LBW decisions go his way. He was showing some digust on whether the balls pitch outside leg stump, i found it quite humurous.
Richardson tends to always back the batsman.
While Simon Doull always backs the bowler. It is a pleasant twist on the usual bias by commentators.

pup11

International Coach
Was only once, tbf.
Yeah that's true, but seriously the C9 comm box needs serious revamp, even as an Aussie fan the kind of crap they keep sending out through the mike is cringe worthy, and this season imo they touched an all-time low.

They almost sound as if they were bunch of old wankers sitting together at some pub, talking crap among themselves, and the viewers are the one's who have to suffer.

Polo23

International Debutant
Yes i know he has been NZ's greatest batsman but he did make that comment which stirred up the Sri Lankans, especially Jayawardene
Then why ask the question if you know the answer?

I have no problem with what he said. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is allowed to voice it. As far as i'm concerned there are no right or wrong answers when it comes to Murali.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
You don't know who Martin Crowe is?
In all fairness, Martin Crowe is an imbecile, and a hopeless commentator. His "holy cow"'s and "heavens to Bettsy"'s make me feel a little bit queazy inside every time I hear them.

Then why ask the question if you know the answer?

I have no problem with what he said. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone is allowed to voice it. As far as i'm concerned there are no right or wrong answers when it comes to Murali.
I don't think you understood his comment completely, it wasn't as simple as accepting that Murali has a illegitimate action. He wanted him to be tested regularly in order to ensure that his bowling arm was behind 15 degrees. Why should he become discriminated? All other bowlers should receive the same testing.

profernity

U19 Debutant
Yeah that's true, but seriously the C9 comm box needs serious revamp, even as an Aussie fan the kind of crap they keep sending out through the mike is cringe worthy, and this season imo they touched an all-time low.

They almost sound as if they were bunch of old wankers sitting together at some pub, talking crap among themselves, and the viewers are the one's who have to suffer.

No doubt if Australia continues to lose matches on a more regular basis the nature of the commentary will change. These guys have had a cushy job, not being required to demonstrate any analytical skills while Australia continued to steamroll over everyone else. It's just that now, the cheerleading feels in stark contrast to what's happening on the field. Give them time and they'll catch up to reality eventually, they are a bunch of old wankers after all!

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't think you understood his comment completely, it wasn't as simple as accepting that Murali has a illegitimate action. He wanted him to be tested regularly in order to ensure that his bowling arm was behind 15 degrees. Why should he become discriminated? All other bowlers should receive the same testing.
Probably because he's always been the closest to chucking. If you can't see why Murali should be tested more than someone like Glenn McGrath, then you are beyond help.

And note that I say this as someone who doesn't believe he throws it.

Probably because he's always been the closest to chucking. If you can't see why Murali should be tested more than someone like Glenn McGrath, then you are beyond help.

Do you have any sort of evidence to support this ridiculous claim? Any bowler is capable of exceeding the 15 degrees limit. Oh and your view from the naked eye through your baggy green tainted glasses is not valid evidence.

Precambrian

Banned

That's a load of garbage. He's been tested like 3 or 4 times, not to mention the unofficial for-the-camera tests during his career, and he's cleared all of them. Still you want to call out to him being tested? (By you, not you, but Crowe).

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Just got back from the cricket and now at work.

What an unusual game, annoyed that it was a no result although on the whole the series was very level.

Loved watching Ferguson especially and Haddin.

Guptil was terrific too. I think NZ were likely to win, but one wicket could have swung it.

Polo23

International Debutant
Do you have any sort of evidence to support this ridiculous claim? Any bowler is capable of exceeding the 15 degrees limit. Oh and your view from the naked eye through your baggy green tainted glasses is not valid evidence.
You are utterly blinded by bias if you can't understand this. Fine if you don't think he chucks it, but don't act like Murali doesnt have a dodgy action.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If anyone makes any more posts about Murali's action in this thread I'll be deleting them. You're quite welcome to open one of the many threads about Murali and/or chucking and discuss it there; not needed here though. Not for the millionth time.

Polo23

International Debutant
If anyone makes any more posts about Murali's action in this thread I'll be deleting them. You're quite welcome to open one of the many threads about Murali and/or chucking and discuss it there; not needed here though. Not for the millionth time.
I completely agree. Why on earth Murali was brought up I don't know.