• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Yeah but you gotta admit he's looked less than threatening with the new cherry this summer too. Not been spanked but he's not looked like taking wickets. Early wickets was one of the hallmarks of his bowling when he was bowling really well.
Thought he's been a bit below his best, but still ace tbh.

1st ODI vs New Zealand - 3/35 off 10.
2nd ODI vs New Zealand - 1/34 off 9.
3rd ODI vs New Zealand - 1/12 off 4 with the new ball.
4th ODI vs New Zealand - 0/18 off 6 with the new ball.

1st ODI vs South Africa - 0/7 off 4 with the new ball.
2nd ODI vs South Africa - 0/9 off 4 with the new ball.
3rd ODI vs South Africa - 1/29 off 9.
4th ODI vs South Africa - out due to injury.
5th ODI vs South Africa - 0/14 off 4 with the new ball.

Add to that his FC form, his two wickets in three overs here and the fact that Australia have been pumped this summer and I find it hard to find criticism for his Test claims. Yes, he's been below par at the death, but I don't think there's a good argument there against him playing Test Cricket at all.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, hi Bracks it's burgey here. Yeah mate, I know you're ranked one in the world, but you see my dear ******, it doesn't matter who you are, if you bowl half trackers on leg stump you'll get smashed. K thx bye.

inbox24

International Debutant
We shouldn't let Southee or Mills come in too early, they're actually quite underrated hitters and we'll probably be thinking "tail" instead of "danger".

Precambrian

Banned
:laugh: New Zealand's chances go out of the window.

I really want to cry. But good stuff from Punter. Might have ensured his first home series win in ages.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought he's been a bit below his best, but still ace tbh.

1st ODI vs New Zealand - 3/35 off 10.
2nd ODI vs New Zealand - 1/34 off 9.
3rd ODI vs New Zealand - 1/12 off 4 with the new ball.
4th ODI vs New Zealand - 0/18 off 6 with the new ball.

1st ODI vs South Africa - 0/7 off 4 with the new ball.
2nd ODI vs South Africa - 0/9 off 4 with the new ball.
3rd ODI vs South Africa - 1/29 off 9.
4th ODI vs South Africa - out due to injury.
5th ODI vs South Africa - 0/14 off 4 with the new ball.

Add to that his FC form, his two wickets in three overs here and the fact that Australia have been pumped this summer and I find it hard to find criticism for his Test claims. Yes, he's been below par at the death, but I don't think there's a good argument there at all.
The lack of wickets is a huge issue for pressing Test claims, tbh. No matter how economically he's bowled.