• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Natman20

International Debutant
what a piece of **** **** bowling and feilding effort! Lucky its a 22 over hit around and doesn't count as an ODI in my book no matter what the result. Ferguson batted well (once he got past his jitters). Poor choices by Vettori - Elliott bowled well and gets taken off, Diamante bowls an over for 11 runs and gets the next and is spanked, Southee looked ordinary all along and the results were predictable. A huge effort to win here and I think Aus have a big edge.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Might've been a great finish, but in the final wash it's still only 7.6 an over in what is essentially a T20 match - Game still very much 50/50 for mine

Briony

International Debutant
what a piece of **** **** bowling and feilding effort! Lucky its a 22 over hit around and doesn't count as an ODI in my book no matter what the result. Ferguson batted well (once he got past his jitters). Poor choices by Vettori - Elliott bowled well and gets taken off, Diamante bowls an over for 11 runs and gets the next and is spanked, Southee looked ordinary all along and the results were predictable. A huge effort to win here and I think Aus have a big edge.
Well it counts to normal ODI stats. They only need 20 overs to constitute a match and even if it's rain ****ed from now on, these stats still go in the books.

_Ed_

Poor choices by Vettori - Elliott bowled well and gets taken off, Diamante bowls an over for 11 runs and gets the next and is spanked, Southee looked ordinary all along and the results were predictable. A huge effort to win here and I think Aus have a big edge.
Sounds like Mills picked up an injury earlier. That really hurt us at the death, IMO.

Top_Cat

The biggest problem for NZ here was that both Haddin and Ferg have so many big shots. Ferg owned the offside initially but then nailed a few hoiks though the leg for 4, generally along the ground. Haddin was just immense in the air and behind the wicket. Would have been tough to bowl to them, don't think NZ were bad at all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well it counts to normal ODI stats. They only need 20 overs to constitute a match and even if it's rain ****ed from now on, these stats still go in the books.

Natman20

International Debutant
Wouldn't ya pick Vettori to bowl himself rather than Southee after he got whacked around? Shocking really.

Top_Cat

The amount of illogical New Zealand hatred lately has really bordered on the ridiculous.
That may be true but it really pales in comparison to the amount of self-hatred when things don't go to plan. Seriously guys, NZ, considering the conditions and the fact Haddin and Ferg were going, did fairly well. Fielding would not be easy out there.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
He's been average of late, but I reckon Bracken will be fantastic. He couldn't ask for better conditions anyhow.

Natman20

International Debutant
That may be true but it really pales in comparison to the amount of self-hatred when things don't go to plan. Seriously guys, NZ, considering the conditions and the fact Haddin and Ferg were going, did fairly well. Fielding would not be easy out there.
I let out my fustration now. Really hard seeing a team you support doing well and dominant to seeing the good effort goes down the gurgler. Still hope NZ can pull through here.