• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Athlai

Not Terrible
Susudear will be stoked.

Shakib just needs players around him. Still have big hopes for Tamim Iqbal.
Me too. Mortaza+Shakib+Ashraful (still bloody young)+Tamim+Rahim+Mehrab Hossain Jnr(maybe)

Tamim should average 30-40 by the end of his career
Shakib 28-35 with the bat, 33-28 with the ball
Mortaza low 30's or high 20's with the ball
Ashraful 30+ bat
Rahim near 30
Mehrab buggered if I know.

Flem274*

123/5
Is there any new talent like Bond coming for NZ???
Boult is probably the best bet. I've posted on McClennaghan a few pages back and Bennet and Sherlock are rubbish.

He's not really quick, about Franklin pace, but little known Canterbury left arm swing bowler Michael Davidson is one I really rate, along with (to state the obvious) Neil Wagner.

Then there are decent medium/medium fast swing bowlers like Thompson, Scott and Arnel.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Boult is probably the best bet. I've posted on McClennaghan a few pages back and Bennet and Sherlock are rubbish.

He's not really quick, about Franklin pace, but little known Canterbury left arm swing bowler Michael Davidson is one I really rate, along with (to state the obvious) Neil Wagner.

Then there are decent medium/medium fast swing bowlers like Thompson, Scott and Arnel.
Davidson has been a gun lately.

Franklin should hopefully be low 140's again soon.

Flem274*

123/5
Davidson has been a gun lately.

Franklin should hopefully be low 140's again soon.
A travesty that rubbish like Burtt, Bennet etc get picked ahead of him. Would have thought after his spell of 4/1 in the FC final last year he'd cement his place. Thats not the only awesome bowling of his either, though his most important.

Mixmasterreece

U19 Debutant
yep.

And yes generally a good domestic record means they should be first in line for a black caps spot, or do you have a revolutionary new way to decide who is the best?
Theres certain players who perform at domestic level who don't posses the skills to make the step up. We've had plenty through our ranks in the years, and Thompson would fit into that category.

He's a similar pace to Vaas, and watching Vaas he bowled completely different lines. Thompson bowls lines that can remove our poor standard domestic batsmen. I generally believe that the longer a bowler stays in our domestic environment the less chance he has of performing on the international stage.

Flem274*

123/5
Theres certain players who perform at domestic level who don't posses the skills to make the step up. We've had plenty through our ranks in the years, and Thompson would fit into that category.

He's a similar pace to Vaas, and watching Vaas he bowled completely different lines. Thompson bowls lines that can remove our poor standard domestic batsmen. I generally believe that the longer a bowler stays in our domestic environment the less chance he has of performing on the international stage.
How on Earth can you say he would fail when he's had one 20/20 game which he actualy did well in?:wacko:

Sorry but if the record is good and there's a spot, they get a chance, simple as.

Bet you wouldn't have picked Elliott or O'Brien.

O'Brien blows your bowler theory out of the water too, please don't say we should pick everyone on so called potential. Good way to have six Marshalls and Vincents, two Ian Butlers and some half arsed allrounder.

Athlai

Not Terrible
How on Earth can you say he would fail when he's had one 20/20 game which he actualy did well in?:wacko:

Sorry but if the record is good and there's a spot, they get a chance, simple as.
Thompson has played 4 T20's this season and his economy is 10th worst or 34th best domestically.

Poor record ITBT.

Athlai

Not Terrible
And better in ODIs. Will probably be back to rubbish again.
Yeah I think I did a big analysis of how much he was improving in particularly opening the bowling with Bond. But unfortunately now he's back to square one, though seems to have been working HEAVILY on his batting since his injury. Good to see cricket was on his mind.

Flem274*

123/5
Thompson has played 4 T20's this season and his economy is 10th worst or 34th best domestically.

Poor record ITBT.
I'm talking about chances at the highest level.

And I don't care much for 20/20, still think he's a good ODI prospect. My point is he's done nothing wrong in the one game he's played and he's done well domestically in the two important versions of the game.

Or we could pick Bennet or Sherlock on potential and watch the sixes fly.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm talking about chances at the highest level.

And I don't care much for 20/20, still think he's a good ODI prospect. My point is he's done nothing wrong in the one game he's played and he's done well domestically in the two important versions of the game.

Or we could pick Bennet or Sherlock on potential and watch the sixes fly.
Also has an average domestic record in List A this season. 40th in terms of economy out of 50. 23rd in average, 11th in wickets.

Immensely expensive was Thompson.

Great FC season though.

Flem274*

123/5
Also has an average domestic record in List A this season. 40th in terms of economy out of 50. 23rd in average, 11th in wickets.

Immensely expensive was Thompson.

Great FC season though.
Surprised tbh. Has always been good every time I've tuned in and his overall List A record is quite good.