• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

pup11

International Coach
Good win this for Australia, so all's square again and all to play for now in Brisbane, and it was really the Hussey brothers who did the job for Australia in the end, backing good bowling efforts from Johnson and Hopes.

pasag

RTDAS
Very happy the match is going to a 5th, something we haven't seen in a long, long time (434 was the last time iirc). Should be very exciting.

Hope to see Siddle come in for Hilfenhaus (and McGain for White but we know that's not going to happen).

Flem274*

123/5
Absolutely dire. When you're 2-0 up you need to smash the opposition, not save the lesser childs career.

We were a few runs short today and umpires didn't help. The Aussies were always going to have someone stand up even if half their team is ****, so NZ needed to make the most of thier opportunities.

Elliott was horribly unlucky today, ****s like Cumming amd umpires trying their best to ruin his bowling average.

Catches win matches, hint Craig hint.

Well played Australia, but appreciate our efforts to give you a chance by claiming SAs choking tag plz. :p

Never thought I'd ever say this, but swap Cumming for Diremanti please. Southee also needs to learn control.

And pray no more batsmen get injured, Marshall did OK in List A this season...

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mike should have gotten MOTM there.
Yeah, if he wasn't able to get the scoreboard ticking over straight away like he did, I suspect the innings would have really been bogged down and we would've been in huge trouble.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
No we wouldn't

dot, dot, dot, four, dot, dot.

dot, dot, dot, six, wicket, dot

then at the death:

dot, six, six, four, dot, wicket

six, four, wicket, six, six, six

you get the idea.
Would have taken that catch though. Most probably would have scored more than the 0 Cumming managed too.

Flem274*

123/5
If you were going to blame one player it'd have to be Guptill, really set the tone for the NZ innings, bogging them down early.
He's done more in his career already than Cumming ever has and will. The problem I have with Cumming is he's rubbish in ODIs and scores a fifty and a string of failures each series in tests, generally getting out LBW.

And he dropped Dussey.

Volty will probably abuse us all being the proud Otago man that he is (fair enough, if Cumming was from CD I'd try and think of an excuse ("He's better than Dwayne Bowden though, I swear!") but because he can't even redeem himself with that, I'm spitting tacks) but the fact is Cumming isn't good enough.

Seems a nice bloke though.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Would have taken that catch though. Most probably would have scored more than the 0 Cumming managed too.
Would have been carted at the bowling crease though.

I actualy like Patel, and I'm doing my best not to sound like TH, but he's not very good in ODIs. Quality test match reserve spinner though.

Matt52

U19 Vice-Captain
Cumming..... go home. Even if you are selected for the next game, just sneak out of the hotel and go home. Important catch dropped and shows all his batting talent with the front foot plod and solid forward defense followed by a dolly catch.

Selectors.... F***********************k . Class call. TBF they couldnt have known that was going to happen tonight but Cumming has always been a decidedly average player. What were they hoping to gain?. Flynn would have been a better option even though he's in terrible form.

Taylor is proving to be class. Another good knock tonight.

We desperately need Ryder back. Tonight just showed the difference in class of the batsmen.(apart from taylor and McCullum) The ability of the Aussies to hit the gaps and rotate the strike compared to our boys who seem to pick out the fieldsmen like they are actually trying to hit it to them is revealing.

MOM Steve Davis. Ponting and ferguson didn't score many but it was just the gall to do that in international sport that impressed me. You have to take risks to be successful and he did that tonight. Balls of steel that man.

pasag

RTDAS
He's done more in his career already than Cumming ever has and will. The problem I have with Cumming is he's rubbish in ODIs and scores a fifty and a string of failures each series in tests, generally getting out LBW.

And he dropped Dussey.

Volty will probably abuse us all being the proud Otago man that he is (fair enough, if Cumming was from CD I'd try and think of an excuse ("He's better than Dwayne Bowden though, I swear!") but because he can't even redeem himself with that, I'm spitting tacks) but the fact is Cumming isn't good enough.

Seems a nice bloke though.
Might be all well and true but NZ lost this game because of their slow start, no other reason. A dropped catch and a duck only added insult to injury.