• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Precambrian

Banned
Reckon that would have been one of the all-time great ODI knocks if Elliott could have gotten NZ home. Was magnificent regardless.

Don't really care if NZ win the series, just want it to go to a fifth match.
All time great ODI knock? Certainly one of the best by a NZlnder.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
even though we lost does elliot get mom it seems to be the way it works in oz the highest scorer in loser team gets the reward
Nope, that rule only applies when Australia lose, like last game & the rugby league world-cup.

If the side winning or losing doesn't matter (which I think it should always go to someone from the winning side 99% of the time), there's a good argument for Elliot getting in, especially since he got a couple of wickets as well

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
"Brad Haddin has been adjudicated as the Man of the Match"

What a joke .... do the aussies who pick it have no shame ??

Elliott = more runs and more wickets than haddin (but on the losing team.. no man of the match)

Clarke = on the losing team... man of the match

Dont get me started on the rugby league final...

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Elliott = more runs and more wickets than haddin (but on the losing team.. no man of the match)

Haha, you're not really surprised are you, I certainly wasn't.

Natman20

International Debutant
A good game in the end. Hopefully NZ can get up in one of the next two games. It would be great, Bracken had a bit of a shocker for a large part yet so did Mills nd most NZ seamers.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year

To be honest, Haddin is hardly undeserving of the man of the match award tonight - he played the innings that essentially won the match for his side which is surely a strong factor in deciding who gets the award! I think Elliott was probably equally as deserving and had he carried on for another 3 or 4 overs and brought New Zealand closer to victory, I'm sure he would've received it. Forget about Clarke getting it the other day as a base for giving out the award, agreed that that was nonsense.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
To be honest, Haddin is hardly undeserving of the man of the match award tonight - he played the innings that essentially won the match for his side which is surely a strong factor in deciding who gets the award! I think Elliott was probably equally as deserving and had he carried on for another 3 or 4 overs and brought New Zealand closer to victory, I'm sure he would've received it. Forget about Clarke getting it the other day as a base for giving out the award, agreed that that was nonsense.
Yeah I have no issue with Haddin getting it either, but if Clarke got it in Melbourne, Elliott should have got it here.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I have no issue with Haddin getting it either, but if Clarke got it in Melbourne, Elliott should have got it here.
Thats why I mentioned using Clarke's award on Friday as a base for giving out tonight's award is a bit silly. Give it to the most deserving player who had the biggest influence on the match and tonight IMO that was Haddin.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Thats why I mentioned using Clarke's award on Friday as a base for giving out tonight's award is a bit silly. Give it to the most deserving player who had the biggest influence on the match and tonight IMO that was Haddin.
Yeah, the point though is that they're not even consistent. It's one thing to just have a different criteria, but they just seem to be flat-out biased.