• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Channel Seven News said:
Finally, good times for Australia in the cricket as Brad Haddin makes his Maiden ODI Century, which is more than double what England made against the Windies.
:thumbsup:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Christ, do you want me to take a picture and upload it? Just check the news FFS.
Sorry, but its the old boy that cried wolf theory with you, once an attention-seeker always an attention-seeker. I'd be incredibly surprised if there were fires 500 meters from you given your sitting on the internet (with the electricity on) stirring up NZ posters

Precambrian

Banned
The lbw decision against Ferg was too pretty poor.
Cricinfo.com said:
45.4 Vettori to Ferguson, OUT, plumb in front! Tossed up on middle, bowled really slow at 78 kmph, he is into the sweep shot really early, is done is by the pace, strikes him on the back leg on line with the stumps and Bucknor makes a straightforward decision
CJ Ferguson lbw b Vettori 28 (23b 4x4 0x6) SR: 121.73
:huh:

Sorry, but its the old boy that cried wolf theory with you, once an attention-seeker always an attention-seeker. I'd be incredibly surprised if there were fires 500 meters from you given your sitting on the internet (with the electricity on) stirring up NZ posters
This happened yesterday at 3pm local time, i registered 3 weeks or so ago idiot.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yes.

Seems to have nothing better to do, like visit/help his neighbours etc.

But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Precisely my point, A huge calamities happening in your neighbourhood & you decide to stir people up on cricketweb, yeah right

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All I have to say is this:

**** you channel 9 **** **** delayed telecast **** **** stupid ****. **** **** channel 9 **** **** tasteless ****.

Victoria under siege as fires rage | National Breaking News | News.com.au

VICTORIA is under siege as nine major fires burnt out of control, destroying homes and critically injuring at least one person.
As Melbourne recorded its hottest day ever and strong winds fanned flames, the Country Fire Authority (CFA)reported at least 30 homes, a golf club and a fire truck were destroyed.

One man is in critical condition after suffering burns to 50 per cent of his body when he tried to move stock in the Coleraine area in the state's west.

"Our understanding is that he was in shorts and thongs trying to fight the fire. Probably not the best way to be dressed," Mr Haynes said.

The man, aged in his 40s, was airlifted to the Alfred Hospital in Melbourne.

Thousands of firefighters and residents battled major fronts at Horsham, Coleraine, Weerite, Kilmore East, Bunyip, Churchill, Dargo, Murrindindi and Redesdale in all corners of the scorched state as the searing heat and high winds exceeded authorities' predictions of the worst fire conditions in the state's history.

"It is pretty well every part of the state except the far northwest," Deputy Chief Fire Officer John Haynes said.

Related Coverage
Fire toll will rise - police
Courier Mail, 8 Feb 2009
49 DEAD - WORSE THAN ASH WEDNESDAY
Adelaide Now, 8 Feb 2009
Danger: Communities under threat
NEWS.com.au, 8 Feb 2009
14 dead, toll expected to rise
Daily Telegraph, 8 Feb 2009
Dawn breaks after 'worst day'
Herald Sun, 8 Feb 2009 A 2500 hectare fire at Horsham was the largest in the state, while another at the Bunyip State Park reached 2400 hectares, and one at Kilmore burned 2000 hectares.

The Churchill fire in Gippsland was bearing down on coastal towns including Yarram, Langsbrough and Manns Beach.

Mr Haynes said it would be about midnight, after a cool change had swept across the state, before fire fighters knew whether they had got on top of the blazes.

"Our guys have been flat out trying to fight the fires and trying to pin them down a bit," Mr Haynes said.

"The fire weather this morning and last night, in all of the figures, was extreme and off the scale."

By 6pm, at least one house was destroyed at Coleraine in Victoria's west, three homes and the town's golf club at Horsham; in Melbourne's southeast three homes were destroyed at Lyndbrook; and north of Melbourne six houses were destroyed at Wandong and one at Whittlesea.

A CFA spokeswoman earlier said it was believed homes were also lost near Labertouche, near the Bunyip State Park east of Melbourne.

"There will be more to come," Mr Haynes said.

Julie Venrooy said from Shady Creek, east of Melbourne, said she had been forced to stay on the Princes Highway south of Tonimbuk by police, unable to return to her home.

"I've been able to contact my husband once. He's had ember attack, that was about an hour ago but I don't know what's happened since," Ms Venrooy said.

Farmer Graham Kinross, whose home and farm buildings were just a few hundred metres from the nearest flames, said the choice to stay and defend his property was easy, adding the wind direction had helped.

"It's blowing past here and if the wind keeps going that way, I should be right, but I don't know about my neighbour," he told AAP, pointing to a farm less than one kilometre along an adjoining dirt track.

Two hours later, Mr Kinross said he felt his property had escaped the worst, but the news was not so good for his neighbour.

"He lost all his silage, I think they saved his hay, and they saved his sheds and the house, but everything else is pretty well burnt out," Mr Kinross added.

Victoria Premier John Brumby said one fire threatening his parents' home in Coleraine was stopped literally on their doorstep.

"I would like to thank DSE (Department of Sustainability and Environment), CFA and SES (State Emergency Services) fire fighters and volunteers who have fought tirelessly throughout the day to protect Victorian people and property," Mr Brumby said.

"My thoughts are with them while they continue fighting these fires.

"The fire fighters have done a magnificent job - but it is not over yet."

The fires came as Melbourne experienced its hottest temperature since records began in the 1850s.

Saturday's top temperature in the city of 46.4 degrees Celsius smashed the previous record of 45.6C set on January 13, 1939 - known as Black Friday.

Bureau of Meteorology senior forecaster Stuart Coombs said the highest recording was at Avalon, southwest of Melbourne which topped 47.9C at 2.50pm.

Visibility was also reduced as dust storms were whipped up by strong winds.

Mr Coombs said visibility was down to 1000 metres at Swan Hill in the state's northwest.

The cool change that began sweeping across Victoria on Saturday afternoon was causing temperatures to drop, and cooler weather was expected in coming days.

But strong wind shifts accompanying the changes will make conditions difficult for firefighters overnight.