• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

JBH001

International Regular
Hmm yeah Athlai, fair enough you prefer chasing but sometimes you have to be willing to set a target and defend it, imo.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Even without a decent bowling line-up, I find it hard to conceive that the Kiwis will win tonight. Bracken, Johnson and (hopefully) Hopes should be too good. Imo if they don't attack those bowlers as much and go after Hilf, Clarke, White and friends, that would be their best bet. Speaking of which, Hilfy should get the ball to move this evening. Could comeback well, he rarely gets belted twice in a row.

pup11

International Coach
Shame, Ferg was looking very good till he lasted, but very good cameo from him nonetheless.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even without a decent bowling line-up, I find it hard to conceive that the Kiwis will win tonight. Bracken, Johnson and (hopefully) Hopes should be too good. .
May well be the case, I just hope that from New Zealand's point of view & we don't die wondering in the chase. Have a feeling with McCullum's injury that he may take the view of being there for a good time & not a long time

pup11

International Coach
Top innings by Ferguson, Vettori's experience invaluable here.
Yeah reminds me a lot of the young Michael Clarke who burst onto the scene during the West Indies tour and did so well batting at no.7, Ferguson too has showed enough signs of being capable enough to nail that spot.

Much better to persist with him, compared to someone like White.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Looks like he should be batting higher up the order.
Natural #3. Should bat #4 if Clarke insists on opening.

It annoys me so much that this is the first time Grieg (and probably most of the comm box) have seen Ferguson play. Pretty pathetic really.
Yeah I was forced to put the TV on mute. Can't stand any of these commentators, even Gilly grates me, mainly because of the way they work him into conversation, he pretty much only ever gets asked about Warner or Haddin. Let the **** actually talk you ******s.

That said, I reckon Mark Taylor's good. Knows the game so much better than the rest (the rest of them are from an era passed and don't quite understand the modern game well enough IMO) and it's quite obvious he does manage to watch some domestic cricket.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Okay Aussie fans, Have you now found you're ODI opening combination in Haddin & Clarke or would you drop Clarke back down the order once Marsh is fit ?

pup11

International Coach
Okay Aussie fans, Have you now found you're ODI opening combination in Haddin & Clarke or would you drop Clarke back down the order once Marsh is fit ?
Neither are much of a long term option imo, Marsh and Watson are picks for the longer run tbh.