• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Warner, D. Hussey & Hifenhaus out, and Ponting, Hauritz and one of Siddle, Harris or Noffke in. You can't have the captain siting out while the series is on the line.

Team I would play:

Clarke
Hopes
Ponting
M. Hussey
Ferguson
Haddin
White
Johnson
Hauritz
Harris/Noffke/Siddle
Bracken

Precambrian

Banned
:down: Another lose.Ohwell Good Job to the New Zealand team they put on another good perfomance.To tell you the truth I didn't rate them all to win here but lets face it they have been too damn good and they will most likely win the series now.Ohwell
You have Clarke for Company.

social

Oz selectors "must have" 5 bowlers for test team but only pick 4 bowlers for odis despite the fact that a minimum of 5 bowlers are required :wacko:

social

How hard is it to pick an ODI team?

Simply pick your test team and make 1 or 2 changes to suit

That strategy was good enough to win 3 WCs but it doesnt look like it's good enough for these Oz selectors EXTREME :wacko:

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
For next match:

Hopes
Clarke
White
M. Hussey
Haddin
Ferguson
D. Hussey
Johnson
Bracken
Siddle
Tait

Give White a go with the bat at the top of the order, rather than him having to come in when the situation has already been dired up, until Ponting is back. One of D.Hussey or White to make way for Ricky when he returns from sabattical. Want Siddle back around the team, feeling part of it - reckon he's the type who thrives on that.

Neither White or D.Huss have made the spot their own yet. Time to give the Warner experiment a break now - let him go back to NSW and try to work on what he's hopefully learnt. He's getting exposed at the moment, and it might start doing him long term damage as a player to keep throwing him in the deep end, whereas if he goes away and improves based on this experience, he has the potential to be a success in not too long a timeframe. Will also give Hopes a chance to bat in his preferred spot, making him a viable selection rather than having him at 7 or taking one of the bowling slots.

Hilfy's been really disappointing for me. I rated him, but he's been a pie chucker this summer.

Last edited:

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
For next match:

Hopes
Clarke
White
M. Hussey
Haddin
Ferguson
D. Hussey
Johnson
Bracken
Siddle
Tait

Give White a go with the bat at the top of the order, rather than him having to come in when the situation has already been dired up, until Ponting is back. One of D.Hussey or White to make way for Ricky when he returns from sabattical. Want Siddle back around the team, feeling part of it - reckon he's the type who thrives on that.
Tait has been released from the squad due to a hamstring injury. I'm not sure whether someone is coming in to replace him.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
****ing dire. Magoffin, Nannes, **** Jason Gillespie looked good in the beach cricket the other day... Maybe I can get a game before the summer is out the way it's going...

pup11

International Coach
For next match:

Hopes
Clarke
White
M. Hussey
Haddin
Ferguson
D. Hussey
Johnson
Bracken
Siddle
Tait

David Hussey at 8!!!

Anyways i would play Voges in the next game for sure and bat Ferguson at three, i think there is just no point of picking up a bloke and not giving him a chance, White has been given enough chances already and i am sure he would get plenty in the future too.

Though for the likes of Voges or Ferguson these could be one of the few chances they are likely to get to cement a place in the Aussie side, so therefore they need to given that chance.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
I think they will go with Warner one more time, before changing the squad for the last 2 ODI's.

Hopefully he scores about 40 from 25 (in a losing cause), so they open with him for the last 2 games too. :p

pup11

International Coach
Tait has been released from the squad due to a hamstring injury. I'm not sure whether someone is coming in to replace him.
****!!!!

Geeves should replace him imo.

This has to be a telling blow for the international career of Tait though, his workload has been managed as well as it possibly could be at the international level, but still he goes down with an injury.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Great stuff from NZ. Possibility of dead rubbers annoys the hell out of me, might be better served getting the PM's XI out here to play instead of this precious lot.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
David Hussey at 8!!!

Anyways i would play Voges in the next game for sure and bat Ferguson at three, i think there is just no point of picking up a bloke and not giving him a chance, White has been given enough chances already and i am sure he would get plenty in the future too.

Though for the likes of Voges or Ferguson these could be one of the few chances they are likely to get to cement a place in the Aussie side, so therefore they need to given that chance.
At 7 actually you disnumerate... :p

pup11

International Coach
I think they will go with Warner one more time, before changing the squad for the last 2 ODI's.

Hopefully he scores about 40 from 25 (in a losing cause), so they open with him for the last 2 games too. :p
They are just toying with the career of Dave Warner atm, i think these constant failures could be giving his confidence a real hammering, and it clearly what happens when you push a bloke into the deep end, when he hasn't learned to swim all that well.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
David Hussey at 8!!!

He's not had any chances to bat in the top 4 unless I missed it, however.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
They are just toying with the career of Dave Warner atm, i think these constant failures could be giving his confidence a real hammering, and it clearly what happens when you push a bloke into the deep end, when he hasn't learned to swim all that well.
It was worth a shot, and looked initially like it might come off - but I think he should be told that while he's still in their medium term thinking, they want him to go away and work on the couple of things that have been causing him problems in his state squad.