• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Precambrian

Banned
Great way to think really. "Nah I've made my start and thrown it away chasing quick runs, let these other blokes who are nothing like as good a batsmen as I am have a chop, don't matter none if they fail against some very good bowling, at least we were trying to get to 250 right?"
I would have appreciated had he scored his 98 off 110 balls or atleast lasted till the innings to get Aussies to over 250.

What did he achieve with such a slow knock finally?

Nothing. Zilch. NZers were confident of chasing it down, so did not have to take humungous risks at any point of time, and at the end won at a canter.

pup11

International Coach
Since the same squad would be there for the game on Sunday, this would be my XI:

1.James Hopes
2.Michael Clarke
3.Callum Ferguson
4.David Hussey
5.Mike Hussey
6.Adam Voges
7.Brad Haddin
8.Mitchell Johnson
9.Nathan Bracken
10.Shaun Tait
11.Ben Hilfenhaus

Precambrian

Banned
Since the same squad would be there for the game on Sunday, this would be my XI:

1.James Hopes
2.Michael Clarke
3.Callum Ferguson
4.David Hussey
5.Mike Hussey
6.Adam Voges
7.Brad Haddin
8.Mitchell Johnson
9.Nathan Bracken
10.Shaun Tait
11.Ben Hilfenhaus
Except Hilfenhaus looks a reasonably good side, provided Clarke promises to bat above a SR 80.

pup11

International Coach
I would have appreciated had he scored his 98 off 110 balls or atleast lasted till the innings to get Aussies to over 250.

What did he achieve with such a slow knock finally?

Nothing. Zilch. NZers were confident of chasing it down, so did not have to take humungous risks at any point of time, and at the end won at a canter.
The team' name is Australia and not Clarkia, there are other batsmen too in there who could have used the long handle, and for the love of god, why are the New Zealand bowlers being treated like ****, c'mon its about time credit is given where its due, they bowled extremely well and that's something that's not being mentioned at all.

Precambrian

Banned
The team' name is Australia and not Clarkia, there are other batsmen too in there who could have used the long handle, and for the love of god, why are the New Zealand bowlers being treated like ****, c'mon its about time credit is given where its due, they bowled extremely well and that's something that's not being mentioned at all.
I gave due credit to NZ bowlers. Anyway done with Clarke-bash.

So time to bring in Hayden out of his retirement? Surely gave a lot of bullishness to everyone in the side and always haunted New Zealanders.

Polo23

International Debutant
Every time NZ come to Australia everyone mouths off about how crap NZ are, especially the bowlers. It is ridiculous. We are a good ODI bowling side. Actually, we are a pretty good ODI outfit all round, even with our injuries.

pup11

International Coach
Except Hilfenhaus looks a reasonably good side, provided Clarke promises to bat above a SR 80.
I think i am playing the Devil's advocate here coming out and defending a bloke who has just been hammered, but look Ben Hilfenhaus is among the top bowlers this season in both Sheifield Shield and Ranger cup compettion, and he certainly is talented

There a few things he needs to work on, the most important being consistentcy in line and length, but in the longer run he is someone worth presisting, you guys might feel differently about this, but i definitely rate him.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why not pick Nannes then, he is 2 or 3 years younger, and he is a much better bowler than Harwood, only thing that is keeping them both out is their age.
Seriously, everyone (me included) worries too much. Between every wc we go through this mud period, there's a bit of a shake up then they come good. The only real problem australia'a odi side has is finding a good odi spinner. Everything else is in good shape for the future, only it's either injured or not available atm. I can think of tje following who are all either experienced or good odi players who are currently unavailable for one reason or t'other:
Watson
Marsh
Ponting
Symonds
Lee
Clark
Tait

Add siddle to that list too. It's a lot of cattle to have out, and even if they don't all play they are there around the squad adding to its depth.

Let any side have thatmany players who would normally be in or around their team be unavailable and see how they go.

Last edited:

Polo23

International Debutant
I like Hilfenhorse too. Probably one of the only bowlers in Australia who swings it, and at a decent clip.

jondavluc

State Regular
:down: Another lose.Ohwell Good Job to the New Zealand team they put on another good perfomance.To tell you the truth I didn't rate them all to win here but lets face it they have been too damn good and they will most likely win the series now.Ohwell

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Seriously, everyone (me included) worries too much. Between every wc we go through this mud period, there's a bit of a shake up then they come good. The only real problem australia'a odi side has is finding a good odi spinner. Everything else is in good shape for the future, only it's either injured or not available atm. I can think of tje following who are all either experienced or good odi players who are currently unavailable for one reason or t'other:
Watson
Marsh
Ponting
Symonds
Lee
Clark
Tait

Add siddle to that list too. It's a lot of cattle to have out, and even if they don't all play theyare there around the squad adding to its depth.
Do you really think Tait has much of longish future, despite his workload being handled so carefully he still has picked up a niggle or something, so i don't see how he would cope up with rigours of international cricket in the longer run.

I would think either Siddle, Hilfenhaus or Geeves would emerge as better and more consistent bowlers for Australia in the longer run, Tait might just end up being a shock bowler, who when fit and has his bearings right can rip a team apart, but nothing much other than that.