• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

99*

International Debutant
Got to love Sky News, every sports headline saying Vettori is calling Haddin a cheat.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Watched the video once and it seemed to me that:

a. ball wasnt going to hit the stumps;

b. it was atrocious keeping rather than an intentional slight of hand that resulted in bails coming off and should've produced a no-ball call;

c. neither batsman nor keeper had a clue but it seems both assumed that it was out when bails were on ground

d. bowler and fieldsmen were convinced and immediately started celebrating

e. umpires were obviously convinced

f. Haddin probably should've asked the umpire but ,having failed to do so, should definitely either apologised or shut the hell up

Last edited:

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
"After looking at the replay, my hands were in front of the stumps," and then go on to say ""But the ball, I'm 100% positive, hit the bails first and then came up into my gloves":huh:

i rest my case -either haddin is pretty dense or he thinks cricket viewers are more stupid than him.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Are you a wicket keeper?
No, and I'm not Brad Haddin's hands either so I have no idea what he felt or otherwise. I'm not technically a batsman, so I guess I have no right to comment on anything batting related either. Nor am I a left-arm seamer...I'm right-handed. Areas in which I can offer my opinion are diminishing by the minute.

You don't have to be a wicketkeeper...or a genius...to offer an opinion on what might have happened in this instance. Would he have definitely known? No...

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
No, and I'm not Brad Haddin's hands either so I have no idea what he felt or otherwise. I'm not technically a batsman, so I guess I have no right to comment on anything batting related either. Nor am I a left-arm seamer...I'm right-handed. Areas in which I can offer my opinion are diminishing by the minute.

You don't have to be a wicketkeeper...or a genius...to offer an opinion on what might have happened in this instance. Would he have definitely known? No...
yes he would.this is a cricket ball not a jfk bullet.if haddin admits he knew his hands were in front of the stumps then the ball cant go around it to hit the bails can it?

Redbacks

International Captain
Trying to get a response to any notion that he thought it was out, not tainted by conformational bias = :wallbash: