• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

pup11

International Coach
I don't agree with this.

However, if he has even the slightest of feelings that there has been some deviation, then he is well within his right to appeal.
That's basically what an appeal is. "How was that?"
Yup, that's what i said, a player is entitled to make an appeal whenever there is a relatively close call, and nobody can take that right away from him, and tbh i don't believe their is anything wrong for a player to go up in appeal even when they are doubtful.

My belief is umpire is their to do a job, and he is paid well for that, and if he can't do his job well enough, then bad for him, because as a player you can't expect any help from an umpire out their on the cricket field, i don't know why it should be any different for the umpires either.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
McCullum was the only one who appealed and there was absolutely no reason for anyone on the field to think that Dussey hit it. There isn't a shred of ANYTHING to explain why McCullum would think he hit it.
Wrong. Snicko did pick up a noise. It was small, and it came after the ball passed the bat, but it was there.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wrong. Snicko did pick up a noise. It was small, and it came after the ball passed the bat, but it was there.
And even if it didn't, snicko isn't infallible. The third umpire isn't allowed to use it in the referral system, is he?

I thought I heard a noise when it happened live.

But now I'm off to watch some TV.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And even if it didn't, snicko isn't infallible. The third umpire isn't allowed to use it in the referral system, is he?

I thought I heard a noise when it happened live.

But now I'm off to watch some TV.
Very true, I thought I heard one too.