• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

nibbs

International Captain
haddin had to of known that he had dislodged the bails. there is no other way about it. if he pleads ignorance, he is a disgrace. i think we all saw from his reaction that he knew. but i guess that is how desperate australia are to win. they're happy to take whatever they can get, even if its by questionable means. yet, surprisingly, they can't seem to handle it when it's dished back at them.

adam gilchrist, made a comment earlier in the game that neil broom sliding to the ground to get out of way of an in coming fielder who was in a better position to field the ball, which inadvertently may have blocked the ball from the batsmen's view was somehow 'not in the spirit of the game.' i would have liked to have heard his comments on this incident. but i guess it's different given it was australia.

'mussst sssee ssshow' - adam gilchrist on underbelly. someone take this individual of the air, ffs.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
Who replaces Marsh and Ponting?

Do we blood youth? Hughes, Quiney etc or go with experience of Katich, Hodge(Dont think he'll be fit though), Carseldine.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who replaces Marsh and Ponting?

Do we blood youth? Hughes, Quiney etc or go with experience of Katich, Hodge(Dont think he'll be fit though), Carseldine.
Be nice to see Carseldine getting a game. Bad news for QLD if he does though.

pasag

RTDAS
Bah, Ponting's an idiot for blowing this thing up. Vettori tactfully answered the question and tried to minimise the issue but Ponting had to go and escalate it.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure where in the order he'd fit in, but wouldn't Marcus North be a chance to play if Ponting's injured/ rested/ what ever?

On a slightly related note:

D Hussey - we he make it or won't he?

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bah, Ponting's an idiot for blowing this thing up. Vettori tactfully answered the question and tried to minimise the issue but Ponting had to go and escalate it.
No he didn't.

A tactful answer would be more along the lines of "In the end it didn't matter to the score. It's just one of those unfortunate situations and while Haddin made a mistake I do not think it was intentional." Instead he basically accused Haddin of cheating. I don't think that Ponting's reaction is undeserved.

_Ed_

I don't see how suggesting the guy should maybe have admitted his mistake is the same thing as accusing him of cheating.

Burgey

i dont know what that means but you should get off your high horse.i would be ashamed of my players if they continue blatantly cheating.
Susudear's another troll. Though you might have met under the bridge when the three billygoats gruff passed by the other day.

Last edited:

cowboysfan

U19 Debutant
Susudear's another troll. Though you might have met under the bridge when the three billygoats gruff passed by the other day.
do you understand what a troll even is?lol.you should check out the NFL boards-that is trolling.i didnt know this was a aussie board.that would be trolling.i would accuse you of trolling for besmirching this board with your delusionals and personal attacks.

Precambrian

Banned
Either way, it was CLEARLY a no ball. Poor umpiring, irrespective of whether Haddin knew about it or not.
No doubt. CA needs to have a look at Bruce Oxenford as he got it wrong as third umpire in a match last summer, and with two terrible gaffes in the last match alone (McCullum's lbw off a clear inside edge and then the noball bowled)

_Ed_

Bucknor wasn't great either. Both teams suffered from those umpires last night. They weren't even getting wide calls right, which is a pretty basic thing.