• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Redbacks

International Captain
The ball hit the bail is my new conclusion, but the fact that the gloves were infront of the stumps should have seen him given not out.

Watching the replay we see the off stump move outwards after the bail comes off, there must have been a force on that stump to cause the movement. Looking at Haddin's glovework his hands were rising, thus more likely the force from above on the bail cause the movement, so I expect he will say he felt the ball rise into the glove thus knew it had clipped the bail first.

Precambrian

Banned
wtf - they're all very excited to be getting medals... One from your private stash there Precam?
:D Actually was among those stashes of PB I stole from your cupboard. :D

@ Redback, the trajectory of the ball would have taken it above the bails imho. Anyway the discussion is not really relevant as to whether it would have hit it or not, because his gloves indeed touched the bails, and worse, his gloves were in front of the stumps.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The ball hit the bail is my new conclusion, but the fact that the gloves were infront of the stumps should have seen him given not out.

Watching the replay we see the off stump move outwards after the bail comes off, there must have been a force on that stump to cause the movement. Looking at Haddin's glovework his hands were rising, thus more likely the force from above on the bail cause the movement, so I expect he will say he felt the ball rise into the glove thus knew it had clipped the bail first.
If you believe that, you'll believe anything.
Nah that's actually exactly what i thought i saw when i looked at it.

Redbacks

International Captain
:D Actually was among those stashes of PB I stole from your cupboard. :D

@ Redback, the trajectory of the ball would have taken it above the bails imho. Anyway the discussion is not really relevant as to whether it would have hit it or not, because his gloves indeed touched the bails, and worse, his gloves were in front of the stumps.
Watching the replay at the 1:50 to 2:10 mark I think there is reason to belive it was the ball that hit the bail not the glove
Controversies and Issues - How was that out? Brad Haddin cheats - CricketCrowd – Rich ...

The force pushed off stump outwards as metioned and caused the second bail to be dislodged.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Never seen it. Link?
Yeah there's no link, I looked, but it was in the Big Bash final last season. Ronchi edged the ball from Nannes and it died, ball bounced about a foot in front of Adam Crosthwaite, he claimed it and Ronchi was "out". They showed him watching the replays, then laughing with his first slip.

Shocker all around.

Redbacks

International Captain
Adam Croswaithe's right up there with the best of them. Bounced a good foot in front of him.
He does come across as very ****y, poor form.

On the reverse side I can remember an ODI when Clarke got a ton v Pakistan and the fielder caught him about 5cm off the ground, asked the umps and they gave it not out as they couldn't refer upstairs, was a catch clear as day.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Watching the replay at the 1:50 to 2:10 mark I think there is reason to belive it was the ball that hit the bail not the glove
Controversies and Issues - How was that out? Brad Haddin cheats - CricketCrowd – Rich ...

The force pushed off stump outwards as metioned and caused the second bail to be dislodged.
Il give you a list of why studying the video isnt relevant

a) He took the ball in front of the stumps and that is a no-ball.

End of list. Everything else doesnt matter