• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The fact that NZ won may have helped appease the NZ supporters to some extent, but that doesn't mean Haddin's appalling behaviour should be overlooked.
Honestly, people here are acting like it was the end of the world. The guy was obviously a little overkeen, but I honestly doubt if he intentionally did what he did. Accusing the whole team of cheating because one player made a mistake that he didn't realise is out of line, particularly when the aggrieved team just won.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Thoroughly enjoy this Kiwi side and the Kiwi posters on here. Just need to cheer up a bit I reckon! Quality outfit, looking forward to the rest of this series.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Mills batted really well today, but he's not a number seven batsman is he? If we're chasing 250 and need 70 from the final 10, we're going to get caught out with our tail I tend to think.

Shame Oram isn't fit because he would solve all these problems :(
I think we should have a little faith in Mills/Vettori.

Obviously without an injured Oram and an undercooked Franklin we lack a player who is a genuine bat that low in the order that can bowl 10 overs but that is a problem most teams have to face.

Back our batsman to score runs and our bowlers to keep them down and I think we'll be fine. McCullum Ryder Guptill Taylor Fulton Broom are an excellent limited overs top 6 (besides Fulton atm maybe).

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nope. Was fast asleep. What happened?
Broom missed the ball and Haddin dislodged the bails with his gloves while taking it. It was hard to tell whether the ball would have clipped the top of the bail anyway, but either way it should not have been out.

_Ed_

I just read what happened with Haddin :wacko:

Was it as bad as it sounds? :huh:
It was definitely not deliberate, so not up there with the Rashid Latif incident or anything like that, but I do believe he would have known what had happened and was slightly dishonest in celebrating the wicket.

Uppercut

Broom missed the ball and Haddin dislodged the bails with his gloves while taking it. It was hard to tell whether the ball would have clipped the top of the bail anyway, but either way it should not have been out.
Was it blatantly deliberate?

99*

International Debutant

Yeah, doubt he did it on purpose but he should know better than to have his gloves there and should've known he caused the bails to fall off it's either cheating or really dumb keeping.

Although what would be the ruling had Broom not left? He saw what happened, if it was me I wouldn't go.

Redbacks

International Captain

hard to imagine how he couldn't have known that it was his gloves that clipped the bails. Perhaps the timing of the ball hitting his hands at the exact same moment was a slight mitigating factor. Square leg umpire should have stepped in or Haddin call for 3rd man if he wasn't sure.

_Ed_

Of the 13 (11 without the washouts) Chappell-Hadlee Trophy games played, 7 have had all 3 results possible right to the very end.

Amazing stuff.