• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow! What a finish! Who needs 20/20?

Marsh's injury might have saved Warner (temporarily). Surely Hopes has to open with Hauritz coming back in.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah he's bloody good at the moment...he's curbed his tendency to play rash shots which has been the key.
Interestingly though, in each of his last 4 innings he's had a huge slice of luck.
Wellington: dropped when he was in single figures, and then perhaps lucky not to be given out gloving it down the leg side.
Auckland: plumb lbw off of lionel baker, but given not out.
Napier: Clearly glanced the ball straight to the keeper but was mysteriously given not out.
Today: Should've been caught by Johnson at 3rd man.

Not to take anything away form him, he's been simply brilliant. But I'd like to see him eliminating these little brain melts from his game, otherwise he'll never become the great he batsman he should be.

Athlai

Not Terrible
But the first 5 innings you list are against Ireland/Scotland/Bangladesh, aren't they?
[/richard]
Ireland and Scotland may be fair gripes but Bangladesh at home were all too good.

(And anyway he averages 83 if you only count WI and Aus)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Presuming Ryder's fit for Melbourne:

Ryder
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Fulton
Broom
Mills
Vettori
Patel
Southee
O'Brien.
Would leave out O'Brien for Ryder personally so we strengthen the batting. I reckon we can get 10 overs from Ryder and Elliott anyway.

What a game that was though. Edge of the seat stuff in those final few overs. So pleased we go there :)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Mate shutup. No need to be a bad sport making accusations like that after your side won.
The fact that NZ won may have helped appease the NZ supporters to some extent, but that doesn't mean Haddin's appalling behaviour should be overlooked.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
otherwise it's just gonna be a drab 10 overs from Bracken (who I might add in ODI mode has lost the will to take wickets), an unfit, wayward and unthreatening Tait and a spray it around Johnson.
Congrats to this man.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Congrats to the Kiwis - very professional performance and in spite of having the worst in conditions,luck etc

Kiwi fans - have some faith ffs!

Australia - another pitiful performance that adds to a large number over the last 12 months or so.

Tbh, a large part of me wants to see this train wreck continue for a while yet or at least until someone with balls and brains steps in and cleans the undeserving and incompetents out from in and around the team

James

Cricket Web Owner
Ryder comes in for Elliott and that's the only change.

Don't need to play Cumming either.
Mills batted really well today, but he's not a number seven batsman is he? If we're chasing 250 and need 70 from the final 10, we're going to get caught out with our tail I tend to think.

Shame Oram isn't fit because he would solve all these problems :(