• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Elliott was sent in as a calming influence here, Broom would have come in at 5 if we'd started better.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can't stand that the C9 Commentators know next-to-nothing about State Cricket. 'Warner bowls spin?!' Go find a new job. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
what your thoughts on Elliott batting at 5.
His best position in one day cricket IMO.

And Vettori and Mills are better then your average 8 & 9
They're batting 7 and 8, it should be noted.

playing him basically as batting all rounder.
He's in the team as a batsman who can bowl a bit. He's making the team based on batting alone and given his performances in domestic cricket since moving to New Zealand and his ODI performances, that's certainly fair enough.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Can't stand that the C9 Commentators know next-to-nothing about State Cricket. 'Warner bowls spin?!' Go find a new job. :p
The worst thing about it is the fact that he actually bowled offies and leggies in a Fox Sports televised game last season. They don't even need to have gone to any of the games to know that.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Well if the batting lineup had have done their job and put on a decent total then Hopes' bowling becomes every so valuable as he puts on a lot of pressure when scoring runs is required.
Haha, can't you see what you've typed?! Hopes is ONLY valuable when we need to tie up the runs! The batsmen won't always make runs. We need another frontline bowler.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
TBF he never (hardly) bowled in State cricket. I doubt too many guys that haven't followed him at grade and U19 level would know what he bowls.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Ponting with the field back here, am unsure about that. We NEED seven more wickets.

Take the Powerplay NZ!

mccullum42

School Boy/Girl Captain
at least we have a tailender who can hold a bat for once - almost a luxury to have IOB there instead of martin (not that we will need it :p)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
TBF he never (hardly) bowled in State cricket. I doubt too many guys that haven't followed him at grade and U19 level would know what he bowls.
Fair point, perhaps shouldn't have limited my point to State Cricket. But the underlying meaning still stands. Why do we have people in the box that know squat about lower levels of the game? It's absurd.

And what EWS said. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
As I said, he's actually bowled on television. Not hard to know what he bowls.
He bowled in 2 games out of 10. You miss those two games you wont know what he bowls. If your away watching the national side you probably would have missed that game. Yeah they should do some research before opening their mouth.

Knowing what Warner bowls is like knowing what Shaun Marsh bowls.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke bowling, interesting.

And Chappelli, do your homework. We do have hitters to come.