• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If the aussies lose another wicket before they take this power play, then the game may well be over.
Though, if haddin and hussey are still there the aussies could get themselves right back in this match.
Looks like ponting is hoping these to can bat past the earlier 40 over mark.
They have some momentum now so they must try and make the most of it. Although they might be worried about losing wickets in the power play when they still have so much time left. The form of the guys after these two doesn't exactly inspire confidence either.

EDIT: Brainfart.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Adore Mike Hussey so much. Forget who was calling for him to be dropped, but this innings is surely disproving that by itself. Hussey should always bat at six. He is amazing in that position.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
The problem with pontings theory is I think haddin struggles to control his brain-explosions

EDIT: and thats why I would have taken the power play, haddin gone.

Precambrian

Banned
Adore Mike Hussey so much. Forget who was calling for him to be dropped, but this innings is surely disproving that by itself. Hussey should always bat at six. He is amazing in that position.
He was one of the key factors why Australia lost last match imho. Used up so many deliveries and did not accelerate when needed.

Hopefully he can turn around that with this.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That was me, but I was never serious about it. I think the worst I got is saying something like "we may need to start thinking about dropping M Hussey if his form doesn't improve".

His brother on the other hand has been a huge disappointment.

Demolition Man

State Vice-Captain
Would be interesting to see how many times haddin gets out charging/dancing down the wicket, be it stuped, caught or any other way.

inbox24

International Debutant
They look much better than they taste. In fact, they look much better on TV than they do in on your plate.
Needs a bit of mayo to be honest.

Hopes should open instead of Marsh, he's much better against pace than spin and is better at forcing the issue.

pup11

International Coach
Excuse me for my ignorance. But having a history of banning Bond21, does not explain Social not getting a warning, does it?
I think you should let the mods take the calls on what actions required to taken against a particular poster, who might not be doing things according to the forum rules.

You report a post, and from there on in let the mods decide what needs to be done, and btw weren't you the one who was accusing the kiwi fans of trolling during the practice game, then how do you justify what you are doing now by talking about all this during a game and when related matters to it were being discussed.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
He was one of the key factors why Australia lost last match imho. Used up so many deliveries and did not accelerate when needed.

It was you? Oh dear. :(

Firstly, Hussey was at five in that match, so well done. And when you add to that he made 78 off 96 when Australia were struggling at 53/4... you're insane. Can not believe you could criticise him for that knock. Wow.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator

The top order is why they didn't win the match, not Mike Hussey. If he batted till the 48th, then Australia were a 50-50 chance of winning, no matter what the required rate was at the 40th over.