• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa In Australia

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awesome win for the saffies.

MOTM - Amla

MOTS - Botha for mine.
Yup

For mine...

Player of the ODI series = Botha

Player of the Test series = Steyn

Player of the Tour = Duminy..............with my man de Villiers not too far behind

howardj

International Coach
The first three games I could happily cop from an Aussie supporter's perspective. Our last two however, particularly that effort on Australia Day, were limp and pathetic.

Redbacks

International Captain
Pathetic - Be a man & give SA the credit they deserve rather than bleating on about the past & trying to downplay their magnificent performance Don't try & make out Australian's don't care about a series like this, because your defensive post clearly illustrates how bitter & twisted you are about the whole thing.

Disgraceful tbh, & quite unlike you to be fair
I think he is talking about where the public pressure and pressure from the board will come for Australia in ODI cricket. It is acknowledged that RSA are a much better side than Australia this summer but what is the proactive response for Australia? We can go into each coming ODI series hell bent on winning and pick older experienced players and potentially not take strides forward OR we can now try to build a competetive unit again which would mean taking a longer term approach getting our younger players into the side and giving them time to settle. Either path won't garuantee success so it's upto the board to decide the future direction.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pathetic - Be a man & give SA the credit they deserve rather than bleating on about the past & trying to downplay their magnificent performance Don't try & make out Australian's don't care about a series like this, because your defensive post clearly illustrates how bitter & twisted you are about the whole thing.

See Redbacks post

Precambrian

Banned
Rotational policy dictated that rights to 2011 went to someone else, BCCI then flexed "current" (too bad the other members didnt wait a few months as India's economy is now toast) financial" muscle to change entrenched system - not a state secret btw

Chances of India winning inside subcontinent - excellent

Chances of India winning outside subcontinent - bugger all
Lol, India's economy what?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Rotational policy dictated that rights to 2011 went to someone else, BCCI then flexed "current" (too bad the other members didnt wait a few months as India's economy is now toast) financial" muscle to change entrenched system - not a state secret btw
Haha, what rotation policy? The one that never existed?

Chances of India winning inside subcontinent - excellent

Chances of India winning outside subcontinent - bugger all
Where did that come from and why is it relevant?

Precambrian

Banned
I am a true blue 100% Aussie. I'm not out to piss any Australians off just to show a different side to the national character than the one-eyes jingoists that haunt these types of forums.

I love my cricket and Australia hasn't been good for it over the last 13 years. So I'm cheering for the end of the tyrants. And back to equal competative cricket.

That's it.
No you are not, you can be a true blue Aussie if and only if you are absolutely biased for your team, and calls anybody who passes one comment against it as trolls.

No, am not half joking.

One of the most sensible supporters of Australia the cricket team here has been pup11, and he's not even Aussie.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They won the the Champions Trophy in a canter last time because they'd never won it
Logic implosion. The time before they won it, they had never won it up to that point either, what happened all those times? It's weird to say because if they barely win it, you'd say they won it cause of their toughness and character, if they dominate you'd say they were angling for it since they never won it, and if they lose it, you'd say they only care about the WC.....

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Logic implosion. The time before they won it, they had never won it up to that point either, what happened all those times? It's weird to say because if they barely win it, you'd say they won it cause of their toughness and character, if they dominate you'd say they were angling for it since they never won it, and if they lose it, you'd say they only care about the WC.....
Compare their preparation for the last CT with their lack thereof for previous editions - it was obvious that they actually targetted that tourney (like a WC) whereas before they hadnt

Precambrian

Banned
Compare their preparation for the last CT with their lack thereof for previous editions - it was obvious that they actually targetted that tourney (like a WC) whereas before they hadnt
:laugh: Social, you have indeed become too funny that I read your posts with amusement than contempt.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member

TBF, it's kinda true. Aus don't really care about ODIs unless they're WC. You hardly see any pressure for the ODI team to win like the Test team. Lose a ODI series...no one cares. Lose 1 test, everyone cares.