• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* England in West Indies

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothing to worry about folks - we're just trying the old Aussie trick of playing who we want into the oppositions team for the tests

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh:WTF, haha

Not sure how to read this performance thus far. Not sure if England should be worried, i remember when Australia where in WI 03, Cartlon Baugh & some youngster battered them before the 1st test.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Warm-up matches, along with dead rubbers, I tend to read the absolute minimum into. I don't think there's any correlation whatsoever between performances in warm-up matches and performances in the subsequent series.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting days play but this ground is a bit of joke. The boundaries are so small that miscues can literally fly out of the ground. Fascinated to see what KP’s strike-rate will be…

Uppercut

Wasn't so when ENG played St kitts tho.
That's not true, I'd not advocate taking anything from the St Kitts match. Which is kinda important for selection purposes i.e. I wouldn't play Monty just because he succeeded in the warm-up game. What you can learn from an unofficial non-FC game where each side makes four substitutions and the main aim of the game is to get fit and acclimatised rather than win is debateable tstl.

Mr Mxyzptlk

:laugh:WTF, haha

Not sure how to read this performance thus far. Not sure if England should be worried, i remember when Australia where in WI 03, Cartlon Baugh & some youngster battered them before the 1st test.
Carlton Baugh and Narsingh Deonarine. And it wasn't the strongest Australian attack, in fairness.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Interesting days play but this ground is a bit of joke. The boundaries are so small that miscues can literally fly out of the ground. Fascinated to see what KP’s strike-rate will be…
Here's hoping for a glitzy 3 off 2 balls.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Simmons with a double century. Chattergoon failing to put himself into contention for the Tests.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
From what I have read, Harmison was the 'pick' of the bowlers yesterday whilst two wickets for Anderson and a lack of potency from Sidebottom may see Jimmy start next week.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Apparently Flower has suggested that if Sidebottom proves his fitness he will play. Form may not necessarily come into it.

Regarding Anderson, his wicket yesterday wasn't really down to good bowling.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Am wondering how Johnson is playing because AFAIK he's not in the lineup. In for Powell I guess whoever he is.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Chattergoon's a good, gutsy batsman. Tragically low on confidence though.
Been low for a while now though…

His had numerous opportunities and even when he managed to make some runs he looked awful. Xavier Marshall doesn’t score a run but he can still look partially decent for his twenty minutes at the crease.

Chattergoon isn't Brenton Parchment bad but he doesn't strike me as international class.