• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Im sick of this ****ing crap from all the aussies saying that nz are bad and "minnows". We are the 4th ranked team FFS!!! Does that not mean anything? I would back a full strength NZ to beat Sri Lanka, Pakistan, West Indies, England and India and give Aus and SA go in ODI's. Perhaps tests at the moment are a different story.
Dont blame the Aussies, it's an Indian supporter doing the bashing

pup11

International Coach
Only taking the proverbial mate :).

Hughes' limited overs technique (from what little I've seen, which doesn't include today) seems massively off-side reliant. Dunno if it's good enough for international ODI cricket yet. Does bat very differently in FC matches though.
Though the funny thing is, he has been doing very well in T20 cricket though, and i think one might feel he gives too much preference to the off-side and packing the field there would cramp him for runs, but he is exceptionally good placer of the ball to, he has an unorthodox technique but it works for him, the other day i was watching him play, he was guiding yorkers of a middle-stump line towards the 3rd man and point region with good results, he is still pretty young and i am sure with time his range of shots around the wicket too would evolve.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
touring sides have never done that well in warm up matches in Aus, so this is not idicitaive of the coming series, i hope

pasag

RTDAS
Im sick of this ****ing crap from all the aussies saying that nz are bad and "minnows". We are the 4th ranked team FFS!!! Does that not mean anything? I would back a full strength NZ to beat Sri Lanka, Pakistan, West Indies, England and India and give Aus and SA go in ODI's. Perhaps tests at the moment are a different story.
Haha, don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
touring sides have never done that well in warm up matches in Aus, so this is not idicitaive of the coming series, i hope
I hope so too.

I think we should make an allowance considering the heat, they haven't been over there for very long so may not have fully acclimatised yet. The fact that Mills only conceded 7 from his first four overs then 15 from his 5th suggests that the heat may have got to him and made him tire quickly.

Natman20

International Debutant
NZ have hardly been minnows in recent years. Consistently ranked in the top 4 over probably the last 4 years. We were also ranked 2nd for a very long period. Now we have a lot of new players but the judgements made about our ODI side musn't be judged by our test results.

My squad for the ODI's:

McCullum
Guptil (Ryder)
Fulton
Taylor
Elliot
Broom
Vettori
Mills
Patel
Southee
O'Brien

Last edited:

Polo23

International Debutant
Why is NZ suddenly a poor ODI side because we lost a WARM UP match? Our record of late in ODI's is far better than Australia's.

Not worried about this result tbh, our batting is normally the thing we struggle with, and most of the batsmen got a good hitout in this game. Hopefully we chase in the first ODI, that is what we are best suited to.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I understand when emotions rule. However, posts stating just the individual scores of a batsman, when repeated, becomes spamming.

Just my thoughts. Reporting the posts and let's wait for mod's clarification on the matter.
Un-****ing-believable.

I hope the complete inaction of the moderators sends a message to you that you're completely wasting their time. Follow that up with your trolling comment about NZ being minnows (despite the fact we're about to head into an ODI series, not a ****ing test series) and I'm not exactly sure what you're doing on this thread.

Nishan

U19 Cricketer
ODI cricket is a lottery these days, NZ can certainly match the top order (openers)of Aus interms of talent but i have to see ryder convert a score into a 70 or 80.

Vettori and patel must play they are an attacking option and by the way Aussies have played Botha and Duminy its not unrreasonable to think patel and Dan will do well.

Evermind

International Debutant
I don't even know what the previous 5 pages in this thread are about. It's like a different language being spoken.

Moving on: Vettori to PWN the batting, and Taylor to PWN the bowling attack IMO. I look forward to Aus getting thrashed!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Shame Moises batted so low down. If he came in at four, the game would have been over by the 40th and he would have had the century. :dry:

Interesting to see if New Zealand play two spinners at Perth, Australia are likely to go into the game with no 'genuine' spinner.

inbox24

International Debutant
Perth is going to be flat as a pancake, ****e 'spinners' (slow bowlers) like Hauritz, Clarke, Hussey and Symonds would get absolutely belted to the moon.

Precambrian

Banned
Un-****ing-believable.

I hope the complete inaction of the moderators sends a message to you that you're completely wasting their time. Follow that up with your trolling comment about NZ being minnows (despite the fact we're about to head into an ODI series, not a ****ing test series) and I'm not exactly sure what you're doing on this thread.
Disillusioned at being wrongfully accused and handled by the moderators, I decided to do a Symonds. :ph34r: