• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

pasag

RTDAS
Justin Langer provided public with a memory of the good ole days of Oz cricket

Much as I found him to be an annoying little git, he's still good enough to play international cricket and could walk into the Oz team at present to provide stability in the middle order
Has played a heap of top shelf domestic limited overs innings since retiring from international cricket.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The other problem with O'Brien is besides his unproven bowling, he's also a crap batsman and a poor fielder. Putting down an easy catch off Bailey earlier today is proving to be very costly.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Perhaps our overly cautious batting in the first half of our innings costing us here.

Sounds like an impressive knock by Bailey though.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Although it looks like we'll lose this game it's been a reasonably positive warm-up. McCullum obviously batted well and I think we would have accelerated better at the end of the innings to a better score in a 'proper' match - rather than fiddling round with the order and maybe trying to conserve wickets a little much. All the batsmen got some time in the middle, about from Broom (can't understand the reason for dropping him down the order).

Mills, Vettori and Patel all have decent figures with the ball, while Boult's ghastly figures including 4 wides seem to confirm that it's too early for him, and he shouldn't play on Sunday. Only problem will be how to fit Patel into the team, since there's no Oram, Styris or even a BFJ to pick up a few overs - it would leave Elliott as third seamer and I guess Patel to bowl at the death. In general do we even have a sixth bowler now? Ummm... Broom?

pup11

International Coach
George!! WAG

Also worth noting that is Baileys first evern List-A ton :)
Really happy for him, he is such a good batsman and i rate him, but he has this tendency of scoring the 40's, 60's, but never going onto to make a big one, so... good to see him not losing his head and guiding the chase till the very end, if he were a bit more consistent with his run scoring he surely would have been in with a sniff to make it into the Australia ODI side.

Btw how good is JL, has not even been playing any competitive cricket, but still comes out and plays such a gun knock, it still baffles me why he didn't play more ODI's then he did for Australia.

Precambrian

Banned
So now who's breaking the rules, Mr Moderator?
Report if you want.

I am not trolling, and this NZ team is a minnow considering they have not won a test series against a major opposition barring perhaps Windies in years.

Ok, I love NZ team, but seriously Boult?

Bring in O Brien for ODIs.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am not trolling, and this NZ team is a minnow considering they have not won a test series against a major opposition barring perhaps Windies in years.
And that makes us a minnow in one-day cricket...how?

Oh and Boult will be good. It might be too soon, but he'll be a class bowler in the near future.

S.P. Fleming

U19 Cricketer
Im sick of this ****ing crap from all the aussies saying that nz are bad and "minnows". We are the 4th ranked team FFS!!! Does that not mean anything? I would back a full strength NZ to beat Sri Lanka, Pakistan, West Indies, England and India and give Aus and SA go in ODI's. Perhaps tests at the moment are a different story.