• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia

Precambrian

Banned
****, imagine Edgbaston 05.

Stumps day 4 7000 posts on the day's play, all long ewnough to be an OpEd piece in a daily paper coz no one's been allowed to say anything all day.

Start day 5 silence. No one game to comment, it's spamming you see. Runs to win climbs down to 3 - still no comment, not allowed coz it's spamming you see, adds nothing which can't be seen/ said by watching the scoreboard or the TV;

Kaspa gets the glove Still nothing - not allowed as it's spam.

Bowden puts the finger up (incorrectly as we all know) 10,000 posts in 15 seconds. Bandwidth can't cope, CW implodes (preferably on PreCam's head).
You know Burgs, I'd have called you a piece of **** if it weren't so funny. :lol:

Why everyone's at my throat when all I did was to play by the rules? [/Ponting, Nagpur 2008]

As to the topic, match evenly poised at the moment, maybe slightly in favor of New Zealanders considering the relative inexperience of the PM's XI team. Hughes is an over-rated ODI batsman.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only taking the proverbial mate :).

Hughes' limited overs technique (from what little I've seen, which doesn't include today) seems massively off-side reliant. Dunno if it's good enough for international ODI cricket yet. Does bat very differently in FC matches though.

inbox24

International Debutant
I think Bailey's just costing us this game, SR of 50 is not enough when we're already behind. Should have sent up the in form Christian or hitter Henriques considering we such a long batting lineup.

thierry henry

International Coach
The PMXI are certainly slowing down, but they are still reasonable placed here.....I'd like to think the cooler heads of experienced international players in the NZ team will prevail

Athlai

Not Terrible
The PMXI are certainly slowing down, but they are still reasonable placed here.....I'd like to think the cooler heads of experienced international players in the NZ team will prevail
Boult is probably the least experienced player out there. :ph34r:

Hope O'Brien does well at the death.

Jeets and Vettori have bowled well.

_Ed_

****, imagine Edgbaston 05.

Stumps day 4 7000 posts on the day's play, all long ewnough to be an OpEd piece in a daily paper coz no one's been allowed to say anything all day.

Start day 5 silence. No one game to comment, it's spamming you see. Runs to win climbs down to 3 - still no comment, not allowed coz it's spamming you see, adds nothing which can't be seen/ said by watching the scoreboard or the TV;

Kaspa gets the glove Still nothing - not allowed as it's spam.

Bowden puts the finger up (incorrectly as we all know) 10,000 posts in 15 seconds. Bandwidth can't cope, CW implodes (preferably on PreCam's head).
:laugh:

Required run rate from here is 6.27. Interestingly poised.

thierry henry

International Coach
Boult is probably the least experienced player out there. :ph34r:

Hope O'Brien does well at the death.

Jeets and Vettori have bowled well.
lol I know a lot of our guys are not really experienced...just saying that in theory our international players should be more experienced/have more "cricket smarts" than a team picked deliberately to be full of "promising" players.

Athlai

Not Terrible
lol I know a lot of our guys are not really experienced...just saying that in theory our international players should be more experienced/have more "cricket smarts" than a team picked deliberately to be full of "promising" players.
Langer worries me a bit though particularly since Mills hasn't been all that great at the death. Though his slower ball rocks my world.

Top_Cat

It's touch and go for Bailey now, hit out or get out.
Nah, his rate is on the increase (slowly) but I'd say he's looking to be there at the end. If the asking rate is still around 6 in 10 overs and he's still out there, they're in a good position.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
As to the topic, match evenly poised at the moment, maybe slightly in favor of New Zealanders considering the relative inexperience of the PM's XI team. Hughes is an over-rated ODI batsman.
So much to pick apart here. Will refrain in fear of a ban.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
PMXI doing this easy know. Just quietly I'm very worried about our bowling. Mills is fine, but Southee and O'Brien are unproven, and without Oram to provide support I could see us going for a lot of runs.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Justin Langer provided public with a memory of the good ole days of Oz cricket

Much as I found him to be an annoying little git, he's still good enough to play international cricket and could walk into the Oz team at present to provide stability in the middle order